Sign in to follow this  
AiO

Absinthe Devil

Just wondering if anyone has checked out this domestic merchant of absinthiana:

Absinthe Devil

La Maison d'Absinthe and Frenchman seem to be favorites among folks around here, but I've noticed that Absinthe Devil carries many of the same imported replica glasses, spoons, fountains, etc. as La Maison and often at (slightly) lower prices; they also have some items that La Maison doesn't. I've ordered two glasses, two brouilleurs, and a two-spigot fountain from them and have been satisfied with all these purchases: shipping (from MA) is quick and quality seems to be good. The fountain I bought appears to be identical to one offered by La Maison, but it's $20 cheaper at AD. Not a huge savings, I grant you, but when you're a devoted absintheur you need all the help you can get, right? Plus, I bought it when AD was having a sale (seems to happen every 1-2 months) and got it for 25% off! :yahoo:

I also like the fact that their FAQ page attempts to debunk some of the misinformation out there about absinthe that gives us all ulcers.

OK, I'm starting to sound like a shill for this website, but I'm honestly just curious to see if anyone else has shopped there and what they thought about it in comparison to La Maison and other vendors. I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere around here, which I found surprising. Opinions?

Edited by AiO

I have not shopped at Absinthe Devil, but I did checkout the website thanks to your provided link. I've used La Maison in the past and was very impressed with their customer service, which is a big plus for me. Items have been shipped very promptly, and were received within days. What was your shipping experience with Absinthe Devil?

I really do enjoy seeing Absinthe blooming again. There must be a growing market cause more and more places are selling Absinthe supplies. :cheers:

I've bought a couple of things. They did just fine. :thumbup:
Ditto what T73 said.

Me three.

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone! Good to know I've been sending my hard-earned money to the right folks...

My personal experience with Absinthe Devil has also been positive. Everything I've ordered from them has arrived, well-packaged and in good condition, within 2-3 days. Even the fountain, which their website warned might take several weeks to ship, made it here in just a few days. My only complaint was that the box containing the fountain had at some point been partially exposed to water. The cardboard on one side was damp and loose and the whole thing smelled really musty. Since the shipping container itself was dry, I'm assuming that this exposure occurred in the Absinthe Devil warehouse. The fountain itself was fine, though--none of the pieces were wet (they were packaged separately within the box) and any lingering odor disappeared after the first wash. It seems solidly constructed too; not too top-heavy or overly-fragile as I understand some commercial fountains to be.

Just waiting on their next sale--papa needs a new pair of spoons!

Edited by AiO