MMarking

L.A. Times September 12, 2008

"It's not the real deal," says Wendell Green, ... "I don't know if you've ever drunk the real thing -- it knocks you down like the drug that it is."

Clearly Wendell has never drunk the real deal. And I've never drunk any absinthe that had any sort of knock-down-drug-effect, including the 100mg/l Czech crap.

What is it with French women named Marie, and their total lack of affinity for good absinthe? :thumbdown:

I'm not sure where MCD's reputation for not liking/drinking absinthe got started, but I have personal experience to the contrary. She was in NOLA for the duration of Tales and I watched her drink and enjoy a number of glasses of very good, non-neon-green absinthe.

She told me several times that she doesn't like to drink it at all. I'm glad that she ultimately enjoys non-neon-green absinthe of course.

Clearly Wendell has never drunk the real deal.

Sir! I certainly have!

The nerve of some... Wendells. This fellow gives my name a bad name. His quote makes me certain my namesake is better than his. After all, this is the only factor in absinthe sense and sensibility.

>I'm not sure where MCD's reputation for not liking/drinking absinthe got started....

from people who have drunk absinthe with her...

good to see that someone who is supposed to be an authority on the taste of absinthe is actually drinking it now...

I'm not sure where MCD's reputation for not liking/drinking absinthe got started, but I have personal experience to the contrary. She was in NOLA for the duration of Tales and I watched her drink and enjoy a number of glasses of very good, non-neon-green absinthe.

That's certainly refreshing to hear.

Perhaps she got wind of that reputation, and decided that it was time for her palate (and image) to evolve.