Derrick

Outrageous Prices at Internet Wine & Spirits

I remember laughing at their prices several months ago. Returning to Internet Wines and Spirits is like revisiting an old Dave Barry book.

I see they no longer list Sazerac 18-year-old at $150. That price must have been intended for comparison to the spirit's shelf price of $50 to $75 at the time.

Ah, there's Lagavulin 16-year-old for only $110! I live in Boston, and the prices here are not pleasant, but I have not seen Lagavulin exceed $70 anywhere. God bless your sense of humor, IW&S!

More like the South African expatriate absinthe mafia don connection, but France always manages to worm its way in there, somehow. :devil:

16 year olds must have much more money nowadays. When I was sixteen all my friends and I could afford was cheap vodka and Icehouse.

My friends and I felt like we were "Upper Crust" if we bought Riunite. (sp?)

Otherwise it was Boone's Farm or Annie Greensprings. In those days, it paired well with..........never mind.

:twitchsmile:

I'm glad I was tall, and able to buy real booze back then. :pirate:

I rode around in my old Mach-1, "four on the floor", and a "fifth" in the fold down rear seat.

I still have my car from my misspent youth.

Mach-1copy.jpg

Many years ago, down 'round these parts some yungsters decided to have a partay where the only alcohol present had to be purchased without being carded. I've never ingested lemon extract, but I bet if someone were to get a little creative they could have a dandy cocktail.

I remember being 14 with a bottle of Traveler’s Club whiskey I swiped from my Uncle’s basement while cleaning the garage out for him. Nothing beats drinking in the woods with your pals while ogling the ladies skivvies section of Sears catalog.

edited because at 6am its hard to spell :)

...yeah, neeeeverrr tooo many. I'm sorry, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Imp, do you really have to shift that high? I didn't call shotgun in time and things are starting to get uncomfortable.

A couple years ago Yours Truly was being driven home from a Halloween Party at which there was a photo contest, and during said contest I, dressed in a nun's habit with corpsepaint chugged a lot of red wine for the cameras for maximum creepy bloody effect. As I leaned out the window my wyfe slowed down, and I said "don't slow down on my account honey" so she obliged. It was glorious to toss my cookies out the window at 85-90 mph in a nuns habit, but it sucked being at the car wash the next day.

I know you're all very upset, so I'll pretend you never said anything negative about MD 20/20, Boone's Farm, or Stroh's.

Edit: actually, I've never had Stroh's. I imagine it's similar to Michelob. But since I've also never tasted that, I'll just assume the both of them are quite like a fine Meisterbrau.

Say something negative about Boonesfarm?

Hell, no.

I was the only one of my friends who never puked on major quantities of the stuff, back in 1971. :thumbup: