Derrick

Versinthe Glasses

I'm looking for two Versinthe reservoir glasses (see picture below). Does anyone know where I can find any? I've talked with some folks across the pond and they informed me that this design was discontinued about two years ago. I would like to find a pair because they would match my Versinthe fountain. Thanks for any help.

post-142-1123515647.jpg

interesting, I have never seen anything like it but then again I have not done the research some others around here have done. It looks like the glass is etched (apart from the logo) is it also smoky or is that just the picture?

The glass is not smokey, it's just the camera angle and dark background that give the effect. As for the etching, I'm not sure. I think it is just light reflections. The logo is the same that's found on their fountain.

There were four of them being sold as a set on eBay last month, but the seller wanted $100 for the set + $50 for shipping from Germany. Too steep for my wallet. I was hoping to find a pair here in the states.

If it's not me that breaks it, I'm sure it'll be one of my cats. I freak-out every time one of them jumps up on the bar and heads for the glassware! They seem instinctively drawn to my most expensive belongings.

A few years ago we had three cats, then one by one they died, however, the stains they left on the walls and carpet took forever to get out. Sometimes I still think I can smell them. Once they start to go downhill it can get really expensive. I too am glad I have none at the moment. Maybe someday, I'll give in to the idea and we'll get another. I know my woman sure misses having them around at times. Derrick, That is quite a unique looking glass, never saw one like it before.

Cats are glorious creatures. 

Its human children who are irritating and destructive.

:devil:

Although my cats can be a bit destructive from time to time, I wouldn't have it any other way!

I keep waiting for one of them to start drinking from my fountain when I'm making a drink. :twitch:

A few years ago we had three cats, then one by one they died, however, the stains they left on the walls and carpet took forever to get out. Sometimes I still think I can smell them. Once they start to go downhill it can get really expensive.

I'd say this is true of most living things. I forgave my late Mother for being old, sick and incontinent, (not to mention expensive and time consuming). My old kitties have all shown the same kind of gentle dignity and loving acceptance that she did at the end of her life.

It's not that I don't want anymore, I just think it would be far wiser to rip up the carpet, seal the floor and put fresh carpeting down before we get anymore cats. I understand they have a far better sense of smell than humans and I would want to have a fighting chance at a new kitty using only the cat box.