Sign in to follow this  
TexasClint

Howdy from Dallas

Hails to all!

I haven't tried very many absinthes, just Kübler, Lucid, and St. George so far. I like all of them for different reasons, but I drink more Lucid, since the local liquor stores keep it stocked. This is by no means the end, though. I joined the discussion board mainly to learn so I don't blow my meager paycheck and order something expensive from over seas that turns out to be swill.

My journey into Absinthism started with Hollywood's romanticism of the beverage. I've already learned alot. "Don't try to make absinthe yourself" and "Don't light yourself on fire doing silly Hollywood rituals" were both valuable lessons, mostly learned the hard way. What can I say, here in Texas we think "Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" should be the name of a store, not a government agency.

I've been brewing mead and country wines at home for 8 years or so. I also make liqueurs. I started messing with Wormwood, because I originally mistakenly thought Absinthe was a liqueur. This led to some unholy science experiments, but it wasn't all for naught, because it eventually led me to an interest in the real thing.

I really like the WS and the forums, so I'll be lurking about. I also have a Wormwood plant growing in my back yard that's gotten pretty big. I'll post a pic as soon as I have one.

Clint

here in Texas we think "Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" should be the name of a store, not a government agency.

That approach is not exclusive to Texas. ;)

I've been brewing mead

Nope. No Mead brewers around here. Not a one.

I also have a Wormwood plant growing in my back yard that's gotten pretty big. I'll post a pic as soon as I have one.
We might have a couple around here some place. :g:

:laugh: Welcome to the Forum, Clint. Have a good time. :cheers:

Howdy and welcome. :wave2:

Always good to have another Texan around. I really wish we had a smiley face icon that is wearing a cowboy hat and fires shots from his six-shooter in the air....seems like it would be appropriate.

Edit:

cowboy1.gif

Oh, I forgot to tell you to kill that blasted invasive weed before it takes over!

Kill it! Kill it now!!! :twitchsmile:

Here's the picture of that blasted invasive weed. It is in danger of being attacked from one side by a watermelon vine so at least it has competition. It does have offspring that have magically appeared elsewhere in the garden, but the Grim Reaper will come for them if they interfere with my other vegetables.

wormwood-1.jpg

It does have offspring that have magically appeared elsewhere in the garden, but the Grim Reaper will come for them if they interfere with my other vegetables.

Ha ha! I have about a hundred plants growing around my deck. DON'T let them drop their seeds.

Welcome, Clint!

...and, what Wilson said!