Derrick

Absinthe Prométhée

LDF just contacted me letting me know that the new Absinthe Prométhée will be available on their site late next week. This absinthe is currently available at absinthe.de, but the shipping is kinda high.

Absinthe Prométhée was developed for one year before it was distilled and colored in July 2008. The idea was not to reproduce a traditional Absinthe formula, but to produce it in traditional manner. Different Artemisia plants (Absinthium, Pontica) from different sources were mixed to give it a unique flavour. Green Anise and sweet Fennel create a nice base harmony. Coriander, Angelicaseed combined with Mint and Melissa as well as some other herbs give it a powerful yet distict finish. Only handselected green leaves from different plants were used for coloring.

post-142-1218818362.jpg

I got a sample of the Prométhée this summer... I haven't had the time to write a review of it yet but I can say I liked it. A bit different from the other Matter-Luginbühl absinthes.

As I mentioned last night, Proto 36 reminded me of the Taboo, too. So what's the mystery herb(s)? "Other herbs?" Other than the A.a. & A.p. being blended (which is not that unusual), I don't see anything nontraditional.

I'm not knocking it. I thought it was pretty tasty.

That is correct.

Apparently not.

You have my word - the prométhée is not a Proto neither a result of a Proto.

When I started my trainee-year at the Matter-Luginbühl Distillery I got Olivers permission to work on a personal experiment.

I wanted to produce an Absinthe which is not based on any historical recipe nor did I want to recreate anything I ever drunk. Some of the used Herbs are mentioned in the newsletter.

The Absinthe Prométhée is only available in the limited quantity of 333 bottles.

I stand corrected. www.absinthe.de originally had this absinthe listed as Prototype 36/Absinthe Prométhée, now the site has been updated and it is only listed as Absinthe Prométhée. I guess it can be hard for consumers to get facts straight when the major distributors cannot even get them straight. Sorry.

Is it true that Prometheus hid that glowing ember from Zeus in a stalk of giant fennel?

No discussion of religion mister!

You have my word - the prométhée is not a Proto neither a result of a Proto.

When I started my trainee-year at the Matter-Luginbühl Distillery I got Olivers permission to work on a personal experiment.

I wanted to produce an Absinthe which is not based on any historical recipe nor did I want to recreate anything I ever drunk. Some of the used Herbs are mentioned in the newsletter.

I = slp

and please, don't take the given name for that Absinthe as an invitation to burn it! ;)

slp!

I have been meaning to get back to you for a long time now! I will drop you a message in a day or two.

I must say, the Prométhée is really nice and as I said, a nice bit different from the other absinthes from the Matter house... Good going! Again, sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

I bought a bottle and it should be here tomorrow. I may be willing to trade some. PM me with what you have to trade Shabba.

Sorry slp, didn't get the chance to taste my sample yet since we met in June, shame on me, I had forgotten it in one of my bags.

Will taste it next week when back home.

I just got a sample of prométhée, its quality absinthe but that hyssop up-front charlie in the chocolate factory is not exactly what i like best in an absinthe. I'm guessing its one of those absinthe you really love or pass on to the next depending on what you like. I'm also thinking those who liked the Mansinthe will like this one because of the predominant hyssop flavor. I cant see any links with Taboo... The Prométhée has a definitive chocolaty taste while Taboo is fruity.