hartsmar

The Absinthe Encyclopedia

I've been keeping and eye on this thread to see if someone received their encyclopedia yet, but no.

My wife received an e-mail from Oxygenee saying that it should get here by next week. That should be good news for you all since it'll get to you a couple of days before me.

The wait's almost over!

:cheers:

Yes I had the same inquiry and they are just slightly behind. It should ship and be here within the week. I’m excited.

I received word that my copy of the encyclopedia arrived yesterday (I'm traveling at the moment and will have to wait a bit until I can go through it).

Yes, Mine arrived Monday or Tuesday. A very nice piece of work. I just looked through it briefly. The pictures of posters and the old prints and all kinds of wonderful things were really quite nice. I haven't settled down to go over it with more attention, yet.

I'm in the middle of another book and I'm only a man and can only do one thing at a time. *wink*

I honestly doubt that anyone will be disappointed. I should have bought two!

Your's should arrive soon, let us know.

The "what made you happy" thread is probably where I posted that it had arrived.

Cheers!

I'm in the middle of another book and I'm only a man and can only do one thing at a time. *wink*

Cheers!

Yeah, I'm just a couple of chapters into the Jad Adams book, and if I pick up the encyclopedia, Jad's is going to be treated like an ex-wife, for sure! Well, this will just make me read faster!

Yesterday morning I was leaving home for work, literally on my bicycle, when some guy in a council worker's fluorescent vest said, "Hello." I responded with "Hello" and started to pedal.

Then he said, "Hello, Daniel? From number XXX?" (house number removed to protect the not-so-innocent). I said yes and he handed me a package that had an aura of absinthe about it. I was right. It was the encyclopedia.

Now my life is complete.

I was a bit displeased because the shipping took so long but all of that vanished once I opened my copy. It's a beautiful book, with a whole lot of illustrations and broadsheet reproductions I haven't seen before. I think my favorite is the front side of the Chat Noir newspaper with lyrics to a song tribute to the Green Fairy. Awesome!

I’ve had to put it in queue among several other books I am reading at the moment (just for sheer size of the encyclopedia- I can breeze through a Vonnegut book in a day) so that when I get to it I can enjoy it in its entirety. I did several flip-through’s and I am Very intrigued!

Well, I'm still waiting for mine, but then I haven't actually ordered a copy yet.

Sorry Robert, that stinks! I'm sure Oxy will do right by you though.

It's a neat book. I'd be happy to share or loan it. There are people in it that I know! Cooool!

I have a few other things to read in the mean time.

*smile*

I had a similar problem with my copy of the Duplais Manual. It came about a month after everyone else's. For no apparent reason either. It was also missing the CD Rom that was supposed to be there. :thumbdown:

Other than that, I've been nothing but happy with Oxy. He's always been very helpful in fixing any problems. I once had some Jade glasses break in transit. He asked me to send a pic, which I did. He had replacements to me within 2 days.

I was going to use part of my tax return on that and some absinthes I haven't yet tried, but one of my coworkers was selling a bass amp, and another coworker is selling his father's 1968 Fender Jazz, so it's either spend the rest of my tax refund or save it. I really, really want to be responsible (especially in this economy).

But I wants it....

I have a 1999 American Jazz bass, so I don't really need to buy the vintage one. I want it, but I keep telling myself that if it was from the pre-CBS years I could justify it. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can justify getting the Encyclopedia. I mean, I've never even posted a review.

Its going to be my next frivolous expenditure... I would have it already if I didn't have to first restock myself with actual absinthe itself! You can justify it by thinking that it might not be available later-?-

Edited by Neorebel