Yeah Abs, I saw those comments over at FV. I still lurk over there once in awhile to see what's going on. The problem now is that I will probably be looking for that grassiness, so it will probably stand out more. I put a lot of value into Donnie's reviews because I've come to find that his assessments are very close to my own on several brands that I've tried. I find myself agreeing with almost everything he says. So there's little doubt that I'll detect that character as well.

Every time I louche up a glass of absinthe, even if it's something I have had many times, I stop here and there to check the taste and mouth-feel.
This should be stickyed.

Oh the inappropriate remarks that could be made...

I'm not sure if Donnie uses sugar(I doubt it), but I do and that takes care of the grass like characteristic. Of course, this absinthe is fairly sweet and dry to begin with, so it is a complete trade off.

And thanks for the warm welcomes ya'll.

L'Italienne is creamier and has more soft floral honey notes vs hard perfume with a strong louche.

A thin louche makes L'Italienne taste weaker, more astringent and perfumy. If you can remotely see though this stuff at the end, it's going to taste almost mediocre. A variable drip and an eye to detail is the trick... like Roquette 1797.

Welcome back plunger :wave2:

Oh the inappropriate remarks that could be made...

...fairly sweet and dry

When you're right, you're right.

Just don't look 'round back

Hay Hay Hay Nephritay