absinthiamentis

hello from Massachusetts

Hi all, I am new to absinthe and just wanted to say hi. I thank all posters for the info that led me to the bottle I am enjoying at the moment. Roquette 1797. I started with grande absente, which i liked but found sweet, then tried Lucid, which i didnt enjoy. Mostly due to the odor. I also have a bottle of verte suisse to try later. I look forward to posting my experiences and to the feedback i'll hopefully get from the more educated posters. Oh yes, almost forgot. My name is Steve. :cheers:

Hi Steve- the Roquette is a tasty one indeed, lots of good options at that price point as well, but as you can imagine this little hobby can get expensive! Hopefully we'll have some more options domestically before too long. Welcome to the forum!

welcome01.jpg

Greetings! Let the Lucid sit for 6 months and then try it again, you might find it has improved. If not, consider a clothes pin for your nose when you drink it! :devil:

Did your Grand Absente at least come with a free spoon?

welcome01.jpg

Greetings! Let the Lucid sit for 6 months and then try it again, you might find it has improved. If not, consider a clothes pin for your nose when you drink it! :devil:

Did your Grand Absente at least come with a free spoon

Sure did, a gold plated 1 at that.

Hi all and thank you for the warm welcome. I am posting this as I am not sure if my answers got posted during my intro. So, I am from Malden, Ma. and work in Arlington. I did in fact get a spoon with my Grande Absente , gold plated too. The advice about aging the Lucid is already bearing results. Its been about a month and i do in fact notice a mellowing. As for the Roquette I am sure i dont have to tell anyone here, its sublime. Thanks again for the welcome. :cheers:

Hello!

Retrogarde is right, i have a bottle of Lucid that is over a year old and i like it alot better than i did at first.

My wife bought a new bottle today(against my wishes ) so i will be able to compare the two.

Hello!

Retrogarde is right, i have a bottle of Lucid that is over a year old and i like it alot better than i did at first.

My wife bought a new bottle today(against my wishes ) so i will be able to compare the two.

Yes it did make a difference even in the short term. Can anyone tell me why that is.