Sign in to follow this  
PeterL

Green Devil Video Be Afraid...be very afraid.

It irks me that a video like that will be seen by hundreds and hundreds of kids who will all run and buy a green devil kit off their website or eBay store.

I also think it's odd that the guy in the video isn't some putz kid but an adult who I have to think would at least have taken a minute to Google Absinthe or read a bit of the WS website and realized that every single thought he has about Absinthe and all the inforamtion he's spouting off is false... whadda putz :thumbdown:

Even worse, here's a whole SERIES on making your own Green Devil steepsinthe:

(not necessarily in their intended order)

How...to...bottle??? You guessed it ladies and gentlemen, an absinthe specific guide to using a funnel. Whodathunk?

I will qualify this in that my lazy butt hasn't unpacked found my speakers since I moved so I haven't HEARD the audio portion of the videos. I have no idea how bad what he's saying may (or may not) be.

Enjoy

inforamtion

I like this word...I'm going to have to find a use for it :devil:

...like "spramp" :pirate:

"this morning I spramped my face with water"

Yikes. If you can force yourself to sit through this you won't be better off for it. Jokes aside, it's disturbing and unfortunate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZvKzeuGAE

Hmmm...can't be allowed to view it. It's a private video, and only friends of the maker can see it, quoth YouTube.

Peter? Who've you been hanging around lately?

My fault, I'm afraid.

The vid was public until I posted a comment. Didn't say anything earthshaking; only that thujone had been debunked, and that the "absinthe kit" crowd needed to do their homework.

I then suggested that everyone Google The Wormwood Society, Oxy's site, and look up absinthe on Wikipedia.

Now the Green Devil video is for private viewing only. . . . . . . .for those in the know.

It was painful, all right.

What's interesting is that a third of the 71 comments already posted were critical of the product. And still the video was public.

But as soon I mentioned three verifiable sources of reputable information, BANG — the coffin lid slammed shut. We're like garlic to a vampire.

:headbang:

My fault, I'm afraid.

Now the Green Devil video is for private viewing only. . . . . . . .for those in the know.

Good work. Unfortunately, the idiot behind "Green Devil" will probably pass on the "information" as how to access the videos to his unsuspecting customers. Kind of a "how to" for the assbinth steeping crowd. How in this day of the internet information superhighway can folks be duped into buying that crap, I'll never know.

It can only be willful ignorance. Google "absinthe", and Wikipedia is the first entry. And the Wiki article links to all the major absinthe fora.

Unless there's a way to delete the two most recent comments — mine — I have a feeling Mr. Green Devil won't be inviting anyone to view that particular video.

Hmm, I can't see the comments (and of course the video is off limits); how are you managing it Brooks? I am logged into Youtube.

And is "Mr. Green Devil" the distributor for said product?

How in this day of the internet information superhighway can folks be duped into buying that crap, I'll never know.

The same way pyramid schemes and diet pills still sell like gangbusters. There's always a market for quick/cheap...sadly.

Mr. Green Devil also has an eBay store. With 2316 feedback entries. eBay will only allow one point for each feedback left by an individual.

http://stores.ebay.com/buythegreenfairy

This means a customer is only counted one time regardless of how many repeat orders or new purchases they make. I was also looking at the Green Devil web site and was surprised to see they have a commissioned based distributor program.

They're the Amway of crapsinthe.

http://greendevil.com/affiliate_program.html

The face of "Absinthe from a box"

http://greendevil.com/images/contest3.jpg

Yikes.

That's me......quick and cheap!

HA! Bill!

Daegul, when I visited YouTube this morning, the vid was still available for public viewing. It only went "private" after I posted my stern judgment. :biggrin:

They're the Amway of crapsinthe.

Woohoo! Think I can make a killing selling a package deal containing Trid's diet pyramids as well?

Brooks, you have a photographic memory then I guess!

Edited by Daegul

Culled from the Green Devil FAQs:

Q. "What are the effects of Absinthe?"

A. First of all Absinthe is generally a very strong alcohol (upwards of 190 proof).......One will only need one or two gasses(sic) to feel its effects, any more and you will just get dangerously drunk.

Q. "How does the kit work."

A. We sell the kit as a novelty, but if one wanted they could use the herbal bags to infuse very strong clear alcohol (ie everclear 190 proof) with the herbs.

Q. "Is absinthe legal in the U.S.?"

A. No. Traditional Absinthe is not legal in the U.S.

jpshakehead.gif

The orders are pouring in already, Doctor.

Some glowing customer testimonials from the Green Devil site:

• "tis shitt is real good i like the damm hood. "

• "Great product....tripped for hours."

• "Friends Love it, I haven't tried it. Thanks"

• "I saw a GREEN FUCKIN FAIRY MANNN...wow this is the SHIT"

• "This is great stuff right here! you got to try it out with diffrent voodkas. you must try this."

• "THIS SHIT IS THE GREATEST!!! VERY FAST DELIVERY. I MIXED MINE WITH EVERCLEAR AND THE BLUE LABEL SMIRINOV VODKA. I FLAVORED IT WITH SOME HONEY AND MINT EXTRACT. IT WAS A REALLY STRONG HIGH. KINDA LIKE WATCHING THE WORLD IN HD."

:cheers:

I can make you a deal on a case, Brooks!

HA! Hiram needs to add Officer Fennel to our emoti-gang

My current favorite is the "don't taze me, bro!" smiley from m3forum.net taser.gif

oh Gawd... we had a Taser at work for security purposes but it got confiscated 'cuz the staff was zappin' each other in the ass all the time. Maybe it was a cattle prod, I dunno. You get the idea. :laugh: