Sign in to follow this  
russkyguy1917

Hello from CO!

I'm hoping to learn more about A.a. and its properties.

The properties of A.a. are that it tastes good when its essences are properly distilled, and does not taste good when they aren't. And hopefully I won't be bursting your bubble when I also mention it doesn't make you trip ballz, see green fairies, or otherwise make you insane in the brain. The pleasant alertness that some feel when drinking absinthe is not even necessarily directly attributable to the wormwood at all.

But in any case, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay :cheers:

Qoute:

"hopefully I won't be bursting your bubble when I also mention it doesn't make you trip ballz, see green fairies, or otherwise make you insane in the brain"

Thanks for the warm welcome, but I'm not in this for some fairy tale that I already know is not true. I know you sent the message probably thinking that I'm some idiot that thinks Absinthe is some kind of hallucenogenic drink. I've seen eurotrip and was disappointed with the way they portrayed absinthe.

Thanks, I will be enjoying my stay.

Nah, I don't assume anyone is an idiot, but there's a lot of misinformation out there and quite a few people who are in the business of trying to convince folks it does stuff that it doesn't. Happy to hear you haven't fallen victim to their tactics!

Don't take offense russ. We get a lot of the uninformed coming in here asking questions about wormwood and thujone and how many ballz you trip when you ingest it.

He was just checking. :thumbup:

Welcome :cheers:

Which side of the mountains are you? The local paper in my Mom's home town on the Western Slope has mentioned A.a. as a nuisance weed. Who knows, maybe we can make some good money "abating" for the state and offering it to the distilleries.

maybe we can make some good money "abating" for the state and offering it to the distilleries.

Western Slope man. Have you ever seen this stuff in the wild? I've looked everywhere! Probably could make some side money with that state work. :laugh: I think there may be a distillery opening up in Boulder. Rumors...

I've been lurking around this site for awhile, and thought I'd introduce myself finally. I'm hoping to learn more about A.a. and its properties.

Sorry if I seemed a bit foward in my introduction. I sound like a total noob, because, I am. :laugh: When I first stumbled onto your site, I was a bit surprised at the things I learned immediately about absinthe. It's been real informative since the start and I apologize if I sounded like some kid looking to "trip balz" on absinthe. I am interested in studying the various herbs in absinthe to better understand the drink itself. Thanks for bringing such a great amount of information onto one website, and I look forward to becoming a part of your community.

Sorry if I seemed a bit foward in my introduction. I sound like a total noob, because, I am. :laugh: When I first stumbled onto your site, I was a bit surprised at the things I learned immediately about absinthe. It's been real informative since the start and I apologize if I sounded like some kid looking to "trip balz" on absinthe. I am interested in studying the various herbs in absinthe to better understand the drink itself. Thanks for bringing such a great amount of information onto one website, and I look forward to becoming a part of your community.

Didn't seem forward to me. :)

I think most of us show up here as "noobs"; there's so much to learn I certainly still feel like one dispite all I've learned thus far. :laugh:

Welcome! :wave2:

Isn't snow just a myth?

It's definitely a myth in my little hole-in-the-ground in Colorado. We get snow maybe once every couple of years. No Aspen-like scene in the Grand Valley.