....And I'd be willing to trade for a sample of Pacifique. Anyone interested in swapping for, say, a sample of Vieux Carre can PM me.

An update for those interested:

WSLCB store #101 has ordered 3 cases which we will be delivering today. I anticipate that the store will actually have it on hand sometime next week.

The store's address and phone # are:

WSLCB Store #101

1702 4th Ave. S.

Seattle, WA 98134

206-587-5687

Hopefully the Woodinville store will also be coming through soon...

Congrats Zman, not going to quit your day job I hope. I'm planning on stopping by the 4th ave store this Saturday, and if I get a bottle I might need some "light duty" for a while :cheers:

Checked state liquor store 101 at noon, -0- Pacifique in stock :3869-sadbanana: Per the clerk on duty "maybe next month" seems the shipment went to a central recieving point and gets forwarded to the individual stores from there.

But store 101 had several cases of Marteau, Kübler, Lucid and for those into :puke: lesser brands Le Torment, Absente.

Thanks for the head's up. That's rather lame. I'm hoping to pick up some more soon.

That they have Marteau is a plus, as well as having Voyager in regular stock...and I even saw Benedictine there.

Benedictine you mean? For awhile Benedictine was de-listed by the WSLCB -according to DrinkBoy. This is the first time I've seen it rather than B&B on the shelf at 101. But then I haven't been looking for very long (being just a very very amateur cocktalian) and haven't looked for it on every visit.

As the old re-jiggered Twain quote goes, rumors of Benedictine's demise -- in WA state, anyway -- were greatly exaggerated (including by me, I confess). Sure, they started to drop it from the rolls, and you'd see it with the bright CLOSEOUT tag on the shelves, but I still see it on a regular basis, listed as a regular item just like everything else; this status is reflected on the WSLCB website, which lists it in 5 stores -- not many, but at least it's out there.

What happened? Who knows...but if you're looking for Benedictine for a Vieux Carre or a Cocktail a la Louisiane -- and if you aren't, then why the hell not? -- the stuff's still around.

Mmmm...a la Louisiane. Excuse me, I need to go mix a drink.

Checked state liquor store 101 at noon, -0- Pacifique in stock :3869-sadbanana: Per the clerk on duty "maybe next month" seems the shipment went to a central recieving point and gets forwarded to the individual stores from there.

Most likely it will be there at the end of next week if prior deliveries can serve as a guide.

That they have Marteau is a plus, as well as having Voyager in regular stock...and I even saw Benedictine there.

All of the above can be found at store #28 as well. I won't be buying Benedictine for a long while ... stocked up on it when it was marked clearance when "it was about to go away". And the La Louisianne is one of my favorite cocktails (also got one of my friends hooked on it).

:arrr:

I went to the Seattle (4th Ave S) store this morning and only saw three bottles of Voyager on the shelf. I hope they have more in back. The friend I was with bought a bottle and now there's only two left. I did see Marteau in all its splendor. Hopefully by the end of this week Pacifique will be joining it and then they will have two absinthes that are real absinthe.

Due to the evil bus access, I don't go to 101 anymore. But the Queen Anne store always has Benny, and they're open on Sundays, like a good liquor store should be. They also have Marteau, but didn't see Voyager last time I was there.

(sits with 3 unopened bottles of Benedictine)

I hope that the #101 store will have their Pacifique in stock by Thursday afternoon, since I need to pick up a few bottles for some WS friends when I'm up for the Green Hour. I figure on a short walk from the King Street Station to the liquor store, then taxi to the party, with a duffel full of Pacifique. I think that would make for a fine evening's jaunt.