Here's the link to yesterday's broadcast. Very nice , except they misspelled my first and last name. :laf:

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/Once-known-for-its-wickedness-Absinthe-is-making-a-comeback--205919401.html

Edited by Gwydion Stone
Leenks? We don't need no steenking leenks!

Very nice, indeed, Marc. I'll say this for you, you certainly achieved savior status with absinthe as far as I'm concerned! Pacifique was one of my first REAL absinthes, and my first official favorite. Thanks for the link!

... not to mention a fantastic beverage :cheers:

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the wife and I are off to Seattle for our first real vacation in 8 years (this is NO joke). We are planning on visiting Marc at the the home of Pacifique during our travels around the Camano Island/Seattle area. Too bad they don't serve absinthe at Safeco Field, as we're scheduled to see the Mariners battle it out with the Yankees there during our stay. I'm also looking forward to having my first absinthe served to me in a bar, probably at the Zig Zag Cafe. I shall make sure to toast the members of the Wormwood Society there!

I just found a couple bottles at Mission Wine and Spirits in Glendale. Quite enjoyable to sip on a pleasant Sunday afternoon, while outdoors with a slight ocean breeze.

Wow, a well-written and accurate article! What a rare delight!

Kudos, that's both great publicity for Pacifique and for absinthe in general.

(Edit: spelling)

Edited by Georges Meliès

At this time, we do not have a distributor in California. You might try online ordering from Binnys in Chicago. We are also working on an online store, hope to have something in the next month or two. Working out the legalities.

Marc, I am not sure if you are a member of ADI but I recently attended the national conference in San Diego and was saddened that the evening the distillers had free tasting there was no distiller that had absinthe for sampling.

South Dakota recently went mental, or something.... I was going to order from DUNY, and Catskill Cellars, but NOW they say they can't ship here! (to be fair, it was a month or so that I tried, but this is "agression will not stand, man!" Oh :poop: !!!

Maybe an out of state relative will do me a solid, and ship it to me if I had it sent to them?

Man...where to begin. I got a bottle from a friend for xmas and I just opened it. Well far as I'm concerned it didn't louche at all the first glass. I mean it looked more like green water than anything. So I had to make another glass , which did try to louche too and it was better for sure. But it sure seemed like I could basically see through it still.

Now I been here a long time and know this is kinda thought well of as a brand. I messaged them on Facebook asking. But could it be a bad bottle or something. It's so crazy I just took pics of 2nd glass which was WAY better than first but still what I call normal louche. And also took pic of Jade I just now made with same amount of water exactly, well to be honest .1 more water I see water on this that didn't louche well was just under 4 oz line. Anyway have a look, any thoughts is this normal.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hdtv00/32497105821/in/album-72157678248761450/lightbox/

Flip through the pics and call me crazy. But I'm just not used to seeing through my Absinthe. And trust me if you happen to notice its way worse than in the pics because Pacifique is from down angle and jade is straight on toward the light and still destroys it. I'm telling ya something has to be bad with my bottle or something.

Edited by hdtv00