I generally like gin, but after drinking craft gins, I find it very difficult to going back to drinking the gins offered at most bars. Voyager's next on my list once I get around to finishing the gin I currently have.

I'll have to look again. I want to say I saw it at the beverage super center in Suwanee but I may be mistaken. I know they have Leopold's gin there.

I'm not a big gin fan but I always keep an eye out for "the good guys" stuff.

Go to Holeman and Finch, and ask them to make you a few Gin cocktails. And thus ends your dislike of Gin.

(and bring a driver)

I'll have to look again. I want to say I saw it at the beverage super center in Suwanee but I may be mistaken. I know they have Leopold's gin there.

Go to Holeman and Finch, and ask them to make you a few Gin cocktails. And thus ends your dislike of Gin.

(and bring a driver)

This summer we are kid free so I will put that on the list.

There are a number of really good gin cocktails that disguise the gin extremely well.

They work well.

I just like gin. I like several brands for several different reasons.

Have fun with it. :cheers:

(and bring a driver)

This summer we are kid free so I will put that on the list.

Don't have to wait that long. Order Voyager Gin online. Great introduction to great American Gin.

I like a good Salty Dog or Greyhound or whatever you call Gin and grapefruit juice on the rocks in a salt rimmed old fashion glass

Edited by Songcatcher

Voyager has been good for me in almost everything I've tried. Over ice, a greyhound (no salt) and martini.

It's fine gin. Very refreshing and light. :cheers:

Voyager's next on my list once I get around to finishing the gin I currently have.

I go through gin like water - especially Voyager and Silvertip - mostly on account of cocktails.

Well, normally that's the case. At the moment I go through water like water.

I have an ounce or two left in my current bottle (Jackelope)...but I've been sick so there hasn't been much cocktology going on recently.

:wub:

Yeah, well: a little story about Voyager.

I was in both Portland and Seattle in the fall of last year for a wedding. We brought some of our spirits to show some of the bartenders I know what we're up to in Denver. Not a sales call, as we don't sell our wares out that way. So I met quite a few folks at some pretty well known bars, some of which had been to our little shop, and other were brand new friends.

I noticed that there was a complete absence of local spirits on the backbars in one of the cities in question, and asked a pretty famous bartender why there weren't any local spirits served at any of the area bars, and he angrily replied, because they're all horrible". (his words, not mine as I only had one local spirit)

Guess which Gin they did carry? And guess what I had in a Gibson?

Very well done, sir.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know about some upcoming bottling parties for the month of May. We are having parties on May 5th, 12th, and 19th. Possibly May 26th. If you are in the Seattle area, we would LOVE to have you there for one or all of them. The party begins at 11AM and lasts until around 3PM. When the bottling ends, we put out a nice lunch for the party folks. Drop me an email or PM if you are interested.

Cheers,

Marc

I'm visiting friends in WA right now and thought I'd pick up a bottle of Pacifique while I was out west. When I checked the state run stores online, I found out they're closing out their stock and you can get it for $32.95 a bottle. I helped myself to as many bottles as our luggage can handle, so I thought I'd spread the wealth. There's still a few stores with decent quantities, so it might be worth the drive for some of you to score some Pacifique at almost %50 percent off retail. Here's the list of stores with stock. Several by Seattle and a few in the boonies:

http://www.liq.wa.gov/LCBhomenet/StoreInfo...randSearch.aspx

I'm visiting friends in WA right now and thought I'd pick up a bottle of Pacifique while I was out west. When I checked the state run stores online, I found out they're closing out their stock and you can get it for $32.95 a bottle. I helped myself to as many bottles as our luggage can handle, so I thought I'd spread the wealth. There's still a few stores with decent quantities, so it might be worth the drive for some of you to score some Pacifique at almost %50 percent off retail. Here's the list of stores with stock. Several by Seattle and a few in the boonies:

http://www.liq.wa.gov/LCBhomenet/StoreInfo...randSearch.aspx

Wow. I wish I lived in/near WA state.

There's still a few stores with decent quantities

Fewer now. Seems the Grand Mound store in Rochester sold out last night :devil:

Thanks for posting this. Incidentally, for anyone planning to go, be sure to CALL first. I found out that the Liquor Board's website is not linked to the actual stores, and quantities reported there are only updated once per month. Fortunately, they did have a few left when I went, but not as many as I thought they would, so make a phone call before you make the road trip :cheers:

DUNY has been out of stock for a while now... wtf?

I don't think the bottles in the WA liquor stores are new shipments, but rather bottles which have been on the shelves for a long time. Sadly, Pacifique is on "closeout" with them, but will hopefully be available from the privatized stores which take over in June.