I very recently shared some with another friend new to absinthe, as I often do. They loved it. It is a wonderful way to be introduced to absinthe, and one I reach for regularly.

Pacifique is my wife's favorite absinthe. She will wantonly stray to BdJ, the Duplais or the Ridge vertes from time to time should I pour, but she always returns, reliably, to the Pacifique. Not that I blame her. It's tasty.

Jeez, I'm beginning to sound like a commercial. Sorry. It's the booze, your honor. I haven't yet had any today.

Edited by distill my beating heart

I had a glass last night after Akveld's. It stood side by side (with differences) without paling in comparison.

The bulk of decent commercial absinthes could not pull that off. Pacifique's louche is thick and creamy without being too heavy, it is vibrant, full of flavor, has a sophisticated and gentle aroma, and a layered, controlled finish. I too, am more impressed each time, especially with the last bottle I received.

Would gladly trade places with any of thse 15 poor souls. Testing stuff tomorrow. You know, steel, elstomer, water, type stuff. Under a magnifying glass. Me, not the equipment.

I believe you meant:

For what it's worth, Pacific Distillery is having a bottling party this Saturday. You are all invited, or until we have 15 pour souls....

What a great opportunity...so far away....

Oh, that'd be cool.

I have a bro in P-town. I don't go up as much as I should, but next time I do, I'll try to give you some notice and see if we can hook up. It may not be a bottling party, but I'm sure we could manage a good time anyway.

It'd be a pleasure to meet you. (and the Mr.)

:cheers:

Just to let folks know about our bottling parties. We try to post them on our Facebook page, and we are slowwwwly building an email list to let people know. Right now Facebook is the easiest way to find out. I will also start to post here when we are having a bottling party. So...on September 10, we will be having another one for those of you who wish to party as slave labor.

Hehe. If I was in the area I've love to.

My brother has an old college buddy in the Chicago area who occasionally drinks absinthe. He was drinking some stuff which wasn't reviewed well, I don't remember the name off hand but when my brother told me that I recommended Pacifique.

This last weekend my brother said his friend thanked me for the recommendation, so I thought I'd share that here.

On a side note, I'm almost out. :thumbdown:

Pacifique Absinthe bottling party this Saturday, 11:00AM, at the distillery.

That'll teach me not to be distracted. I missed this post, and therefore I'm sitting here on my hands just a few minutes away. Shit. Sorry, Marc!