Strange. The color today was the normal one as described by Asomphe. The light? Anywhoo, the aroma, louche, flavor, & finish were awesome as usual.

Over the weekend I was afforded an opportunity to sample the latest version of the Pacifique. Indeed, a very, very different product from the 2009 bottles I purchased. To me, the nose is very similar to VP, but the taste is quite a bit different. Compared to the 2009 version this new batch has a much more substantial mouth feel (thicker, creamier) and a very long, satisfying wormwood finish. There is quite a bit more complexity and interest in this one too -- though I'm at a loss to really identify the components or describe them. Overall, it's bigger, bolder, but still very approachable for even a first time taster -- easily recommendable -- very enjoyable.

Ok, I have to say it. Your imaginative screen name makes me think of Cookie Monster, but with green fur, and drinking louched up absinthe the way he eats cookies. :cheerz:

It's a beautiful bottle. I tried a sample a few months ago and liked it quite a bit. I'm looking forward to revisiting it tonight. :cheers:

Assuming you have any sample bottles on hand. :paperbag3:

I do, but they're kind of small. :pirate:

Very nice article. I found this segment hilarious:

'...it wasn’t until he tasted a 100-year-old bottle that he finally got it. “It was wonderful,” Bernhard said.'

I'm assuming that's the abbreviated version of the description of how good pre-ban is. :laugh:

Ladies and Gentlemen...Pacifique is now available for your local Oregon (OLCC) liquor store. If it's not in stock, ask them to order it from the warehouse. #7473B. New lower price for Oregonians too.

Now back to your regular programming.

Ladies and Gentlemen...Pacifique is now available for your local Oregon (OLCC) liquor store. If it's not in stock, ask them to order it from the warehouse. #7473B. New lower price for Oregonians too.

Now back to your regular programming.

And it is, great price.. :cheers: