Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion Stone

Membership Purged

I've just made the second purge of members - about thirteen - who have not posted since they joined.

I understand that some folks only joined to get notices and to keep up with events, but these were almost all people who have not logged in once since the day they registered. They'll never miss us - we'll never miss them.

If you just came back for the first time and are wondering why you're not a member anymore, that's why. Send me a note and I'll let you re-register.

Hey, with that kind of advanced warning I may even surprise you! :absomphe:

(What's the sound of someone holding his breath, not?)

If douchey is going to make it, then I guess I'll have to find a way to acrue funds to show.

Perhaps selling a portion of my liver....

I could probably make the effort to bring derrick with me as well. Us being from the same area and all.

That is provided he isn't a dick. :devil:

Kidding.

We still have a lot of no posters but did anyone notice we beat the "most members ever on-line at the same time" record today? Congrats Hiram.

We still have a lot of no posters...

Just so folks know: a lot of the no-posters are people who want to be notified of events, but simply have no interest in online forums.

If someone makes an introductory post and says "I won't be around much, but..." I'll usually leave them on. The ones who get purged are the ones who haven't visited the board since they signed up six months ago.

I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who spend minimal time on a computer or don't even have one!

True it is hard to believe that some of us are still pathetic enough to have to computer surf. Kinda like couch surfing but a little more civilized. I lost mine in the divorce.

Riiiight.

Like those Whiskeys in a Jar-o were ever into that.

Well, other than the expected result if you drink way too much Whiskey in a Jar-o. :(

What's with these purges?? Shades of Stalinist Russia, eh Hiramski!

I think it's bogus to have a "member-count" of a bajillion when over half of them haven't even been to the site since the day they registered.

Considering you joined yesterday, I doubt you had anything to worry about.

Why don't you hop over here, and introduce yourself. Welcome! «« Have I ever told you about the Jade lab samples? »»

Glad to be here . . .

As to the avatar -- many times misunderstood to be "neanderthal," it is from an image of "Mr. Hyde." The story of Jekyll & Hyde is a parable in which a Dr. cooks up his own brew and suffers a major personality change when consuming it. (Kind of reminds me of a certain Dr. O.) It was written in the late nineteenth century and probably influenced by negative absinthe propaganda.

Still, I like the image.