Gwydion Stone

MARTEAU Absinthe de la Belle Époque

Thanks gang.

I figured along those lines, but now the "natural" herbs is just plain crazy talk, no?

I also noticed the sale sheet to give to retailers. Does that mean you're ready and distribution will be direct to the retailer via special order?

Colored with natural herbs rather than herbs which have been extracted, manipulated, etc. Believe it or not, there are products which claim to use herbs but use products of herbal origin. I get your point though. I feel that way about "organic" foods. As opposed to, like, food made from plastic?

As you pointed out, advertising can be too wordy, especially where you're trying to keep it to short blurbs. It's challenging with absinthe to narrow down the most accurate information, telling well-informed absintheurs what they want and need to know about the product, without boring to tears the people who won't "get" why the information is particularly relevant. Besides, I'm somewhat brevity-challenged anyway.

No direct sales to retailers; all distribution happens through, uh, distributors. But the sellsheet contains the information a distributor or state liquor board will need to make the order from the distillery (out of state) or from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (in Oregon). It's simpler than just going into the store and asking when they'll get Marteau and the guy says "What's that? Lemme write that down. I'll call the Liquor Board."

Yes, we are ready to receive inquiries, but the launch is still a few weeks out.

Oregon residents will be able to pick it up from the retail shop at the distillery.

You've made the launch of Mateau a hard act to follow - the web site is gorgeous, classy and informative. Congratulations on raising the bar so high and best of luck! :thumbup:

:D What Drinkboy and nephrite said. Classy, easy to navigate design.

I feel that way about "organic" foods. As opposed to, like, food made from plastic?

Ain't plastic made from organic compounds? :fork:

Damnit, where's the online vid of SNL's commercial for the rock cereal "Quarry" when you need it?!?

Way to go Hiram!

They say ignorance is bliss, so apathy must not be too far behind..so here goes a question that may have already been answered- what, if any, are the differences between the verte classic and this new American made product.

I'll take my answer off the air...

I had my first sample of Hiram's wonderful product over the weekend and I'd like to give a back slap and a "well done" out to the ringmaster here.

That is a truly beautiful sight and I can't wait to be able to order some from a stateside store!!

Agreed! I love the Marteau Verte Classique you tried last week but I suspect this will be very different.

Yes it is. It's still got an assertive angelica note, but aside from that, it's pretty much a straight Pontarlier alá Duplais. Sorry, celery fans.

No problemo Plunger! I'd do it for anyone with that avatar!

I merely quote the masters. But I do try to be an attentive student. When it comes to the release of Marteau de la Belle Epoque, I try to to be especially attentive. ;)

Congratulations to the American absintheurs who can now buy real absinthe without being ripped off by the German/English/French postal service. I just ordered a Marteau Classique as it is discontinued. Now how can I get a bottle of that new Marteau? Will it be available in European stores such as LdF, Vert d’Absinthe or absinthe.de?