Gwydion Stone

MARTEAU Absinthe de la Belle Époque

I've said it before, the shipping charges were beyond the control of LdF, and Absinthe.DE. Imagine how happy they would have been to have sold us more booze instead having to share it with the Flying Monkeys.

I've said it before, the shipping charges were beyond the control of LdF, and Absinthe.DE. Imagine how happy they would have been to have sold us more booze instead having to share it with the Flying Monkeys.

I never said it was their fault. I said I blame the German/English/French postal service. Bunch of thieves.

I got the opportunity to sample the Marteau when I was in Seattle last month. It was fabulous!

My daughter, who came to Mr. & Mrs. H's with me, tried some, too. Though she has never been a huge fan of absinthe, raved about it to me and her friends! :cheers:

Me either!

Fortunately, I'm sitting in the distillery right now, and as I write this I'm collecting the tails on today's run. Including tomorrow's run, we'll produce approximately 377 gallons - 1888 bottles - of Marteau this week. :yahoo:

The wooden boxes are being made, but the first Marteau shipment may not be in them. They may not be here until early November, so the first shipments will go out in standard boxes, which is okay because most of them will be going to online retailers and the Oregon liquor board. Tomorrow I visit the printer to approve the label proof.

A question-- the website has this:

"MARTEAU Absinthe de la Belle Époque is now available at select liquor stores and bars in Oregon and Washington. If you don't find it at your store, tell them you'd like them to begin stocking it.

If Marteau is not yet listed in your state, it can still be special-ordered, so please feel free to request it at your local liquor store."

What is the procedure for special ordering? That is, what does the store need to do?

Edited by Beautiful Loosher

Easier than that: just tell the store manager the name of the product and that you want it. The new sales sheet will be back on the site today (updated with the previously overlooked mandatory information), so you'll be able to print it and give it to them.

It won't have a code in states where it's never been sold yet. For instance, even though there's a pallet on the truck on the way to Washington, Marteau isn't in their system yet.

By the way, Marteau is now also available in New Orleans.

Huzzah! Now if only it would show up at DUNY. I keep staring at their absinthe inventory on the computer screen... willing it to happen... nothing yet <sigh>.

Easier than that: just tell the store manager the name of the product and that you want it. The new sales sheet will be back on the site today (updated with the previously overlooked mandatory information), so you'll be able to print it and give it to them.

Awesome :thumbup: do you have a link to this?