Gwydion Stone

MARTEAU Absinthe de la Belle Époque

No question the Matter version has a unique flavor profile, and it's one I happen to like quite a bit. It's the best Matter product I've had by a substantial margin. I've yet to try the Brevans but I heard it was very good from a source I trust.

I actually prefer the Matter version over the AdlBE, and that will almost certainly be a minority opinion.

Not so concerned about the Marteau being in stores here, since there's already some on its way to me from DUNY. I'm more interested in meeting the man behind the bottle. If you and Molly can arrange a get together, that would be great. I hope it won't be during Mar 11-22, as I'll be in England. Hey, if you are down here in May and happen to have a free afternoon on Sunday the 17th, that's looking to be the day I'm hosting a medieval-themed murder mystery party.

-- T

Be careful what you say.

Some people here might like the Grateful Dead. :wave2:

Yes, I know, blaspheming the Cult of Jerry, etc etc etc. I used to tiptoe around such statements(invariably to avoid offending yet another narcissistic trustfund baby dope dealer) back when I thought I cared. I like to think some people(read: you) can use other criteria than musical taste to asses a fellow human's worth. A sizable portion of the Deadheads I've known have a long way to go on that front.

Not to disparage the 20-minute jam or anything, I just find the Allman Bros. or Cream to be much more disciplined and....*ahem*competent.

Always loved that skull n roses graphic though... almost makes up for them stupid dancing bears.

On topic, I'd say the Marteau Belle Epoque is a much more of a straight-up take on Absinthe, to use the musical analogy I'd compare it to a newly remastered Billie Holiday collection, back when her voice would soar like a coronet, and the songs were relatively happy.

Be careful what you say.

Some people here might like the Grateful Dead. :wave2:

Yes, I know, blaspheming the Cult of Jerry, etc etc etc. I used to tiptoe around such statements(invariably to avoid offending yet another narcissistic trustfund baby dope dealer) back when I thought I cared.

Ah, well, if you don't get it, you don't get it. To each his own. For my part, I'll keep tuning in to my XM Radio Grateful Dead channel! :cheers:

Maybe I'll louche up a Marteau and put on Anthem of the Sun this evening....

I wouldn't say I don't get it, more like I sent it back to the kitchen as it was not to my liking.

I never pissed off so many people as when I thought (and acted as if)I loved everyone. Come to think of it, that was when I was hanging with quite a few Deadheads! :mbanana: And if I had no choice but to deal with it I'd rather louche up to Dark Star...

Whatever, best to be truthful in advertising, I say. All of my best friends are grumpy bastards. :dev-cheers:

I wouldn't say I don't get it, more like I sent it back to the kitchen as it was not to my liking.

Fair enough...the cooks will eat better than you. :dev-cheers: Cheers.

:clap:

More good news!

edit

I had to laugh at this on their website:

NEW! Curbside service! Call ahead and pay for your order by credit card and then simply pull up in front of the store, and call us from your cell phone, and we will bring your order right out to you! Eliminate parking and ticket worries!

I understand it's a serious hassle in many major cities. For us, that's pretty hilarious.

Parking on the street in DC can be a real pain, and garages are both pricey and never where you need them...I agree it sounds funny, but I think it's a good idea.

I'll definitely scope the place out if Marteau shows up on their shelves. Thanks for the tip, Hiram.

Congratulations!

I've already ordered a bottle from DrinkupNY. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Sincerely,

Stephen (Distiller of REDUX Absinthe ... ).

Yes, I did finally join the Wormwood Society too.

DUNY is just taunting me now. I got their mass e-mail about the Marteau being in stock and ready to ship yesterday. Yet, as of today, they still haven't shipped my order that I placed almost a month ago. :thumbdown:

Thank you for listening (reading).

All that anxiety will melt away once it arrives. I'll wait until you get yours before I have another sip of Marteau.

I sure hope it gets there soon. *devil grin*

My order showed up today.

You might want to give 'em a call and ask what's up with your order.

Just finished reading through the thread and wanted to say congratulations GStone! I'll try picking up a bottle for a taste as soon as being a student doesn't become an unfortunate distraction from doing so. :)

I think rather than congratulations,I'd like to say,"thanks"

I've just finished my second glass of Marteau tonight,une avec sucre,une sans sucre.

Simply wonderful.The best I've had so far.

Edited by scott

Quick note to the folks in DC: keep your eyes on Ace Beverage. We just picked up the district.

This is great, I see a pilgrimage in the offing :)

I'm not exactly clear how it works in Maryland vs DC, in MD seems like everything has to go through a middle man distributorship. I sent a link to the Marteau website to the proprietor of the store I do business with along with some other info for other brands, and they basically replied with a "sorry, can't get any of these".

DC prices are all much higher than MD.

Sad note. Though I placed my order (I think on the day it was announced at DUNY), I sent a quick email to see what was up with my empty hands and was informed my order was clobbered by the folks at FedEx. Worse yet, though I ordered one of the limited edition Marteau spoons, they were now out of them and no chance to get one. :3869-sadbanana: Oh well, at least I know my bottle is being shipped tomorrow. The folks at DUNY are great (personal emails!) and I will continue to support them. Now, if they will only pick up more product from the other WS distillers...

Quick note to the folks in DC: keep your eyes on Ace Beverage. We just picked up the district.
Greetings to all - you may officially color Washington, D.C. "Marteau Green". It has arrived, and we're thrilled to have it. :wave2: