PeterL

La Muse Verte Absinthe Traditionnelle

Thanks for catching that, and I haven't even started drinking yet. I fixed the link and glad to see you posted one as well.

I've been poking around the Web and found a few reviews - all of which were quite good. I'm looking forward to seeing if any WS folks have tried La Muse and what the impressions were. In fact, while online I think I'll order a bottle

Peter :twitchsmile:

Bottle on the way! Can't be any worse than other US offerings, was a bit bored here lately. :cheers:

I just ordered a bottle as well.

I noticed that La Muse Verte is produced by Liquoristerie de Provence who also produces Versinthe. Is that good or bad?

Hmmm for those who like macerated absinthes, yes it could be considered 'good'.

I can't drink it anymore, it's too, um let's say "powerful".

Definitely recommended for noobies though.

I should have written a review before it hit US.

La Muse?! That's the first absinthe I ever bought that I had to either give away or dump down the sink.

I bought a bottle of Muse Verte a few years back... if the early Alzheimer's hasn't kicked in yet, I remember considering to be one of the tastier oil mixes that I'd tried up to that point.. Don't believe I'd buy it now, but I did finish the bottle.

Oh crap have I ordered another bottle of something like grand absente or is it a bit like Lucid.

My guess is closer to the former than the latter, though not by much, but I haven't tried it and am only going from other comments I've read.

Just because drinkupNY carries it, don't mean it's good.

I think I'll chalk this one up to experience, and not necessarily a bad one at that.

I've been purchasing absinthes on-line for a few years now based on reviews and comments posted here at the WS and your advice has led me to some very nice absinthes. I've also managed to avoid all of the bad absinthes based on everyone's experiences. I admit that I jumped at La Muse Verte spontaneously and while this is the first time I'm trying something marginal, in a strange way, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

It adds another notch on the ol' measuring stick and the next time members caution against a product I can chime in too.

:twitchsmile:

Just because drinkupNY carries it, don't mean it's good.

WHAT ?

I've never read a post or seen anyone infer in the slightest that just because an Absinthe comes from Drinkupny or any vendor it's a good Absinthe. That statement is so nuts I had to read it twice. They carry most of what's currently available in the US. As far as La Muse, and this may shock some people but I'm actually going to wait till I taste it to make a determination.

I know, I know - crazy talk. :twitchsmile:

Here is an article in a french newspaper (you should read french) about Muse Verte hitting the US and absinthe : ARTICLE

La Muse Verte is a very old product here in France. It is sold for nearly 6 years. It's a macerated absinthe, who combines the taste of the fresh wormwood, green anise and melissa. It's herbal, anisy and citrusy. OK but only recommanded to discover absinthe. I'm not sure it's interesting for you if you already taste 2 or 3 good brands.

The label is the one used for the "special 2005 edition". It's from a Klimt's painting.

It's from a Klimt's painting.

Reminds me of that classic line from the movie 'Back to School" where during the dinner party a couple says to Rodney Dangerfield "your wife has been showing us her Klimpt" to which he replies....she's showing it to everybody"

Thanks for the link and short review on La Muse, it doesn't sound half bad to me at all. Of course I may end up eating....err drinking those words. :twitchsmile:

Good thing I headed over here to the absinthe brands page to read this thread before I bought La Mush. I think I'm going to pass on this one.

Here is an article in a french newspaper (you should read french) about Muse Verte hitting the US and absinthe : ARTICLE

La Muse Verte is a very old product here in France. It is sold for nearly 6 years. It's a macerated absinthe, who combines the taste of the fresh wormwood, green anise and melissa. It's herbal, anisy and citrusy. OK but only recommended to discover absinthe. I'm not sure it's interesting for you if you already taste 2 or 3 good brands.

The label is the one used for the "special 2005 edition". It's from a Klimt's painting.

;)

They stopped their "millesimé" absinthes. The Muse Verte is now regular, as for the US.

They just thought the "2005 edition" label is prettier for the US.