ETexas

Hiram's Product

My eyes were watering just doing it. Never underestimate the stinging power of a vat of 85% alcohol.

So that's the secret ingredient to Marteau!

It'll be a great day when I can get this in the States. I've now tried many, many absinthes and this is in my top 2 (the other being Jade Edouard). Hmmmmm, tear's of Hiram.

Edited by Phoenix

Got my bottles of Marteau and thought while sober I would try my hand at taking some Pics. Marteau is so good it shouldn't be retired. In fact, I think riots in the streets are called for. :twitchsmile:

MART001.jpg

MART002.jpg

MART009.jpg

What a nice guy you are. I'll bet your neighbors love seeing you come home just as much as your family does.

Delicious again, Peter. :thumbup:

Mmmm, it does go well with the chicken.

Booya!

Oh, and gorgeous color, to Peter and Hiram! :cheers:

That would be a Fascinating experiment.

When I was a kid I had a pretty pronounced Shark Fetish and read everything I could get ahold of about'em. One experiment I remember involved placing speakers in a coral reef and playing recordings of struggling fish to see what would happen; they went into a frenzy and tried to attack the speakers(serious autopilot here). At some point one of the researchers wondered what would happen if they played the Beatles instead, so they did when a large great White appeared and the shark freaked out, literally jumping out of the water to get away.

That's my kind of Science.

I love reading about those type of experiments. I remember reading about an experiment in plant growth in regards to some being subjected to classical, while others were bombarded with Metallica.

So, ummmm......DP, T73, Hiram, and others: what do your plants listen to?

Any plants in the fields listen to wild sounds, wind, rain, sunshine. crickets, coyotes at night and are bathed in moonlight when the sun goes down.

In the distillery, they'd listen to the sounds of the alembic except that the traffic on main street is much more than I'd like. In the winter it'll be much quieter.