PeterL

Sugar Maybe Not Such a Friend to Absinthe Afterall

Sure, blame it on "genetics" your kind chooses to live this decadent sugar laced lifestyle. It's a choice so stop asking for special sugar based rights. Remember, Adam gave a Fructose filled apple to Eve - not a bag of chemically refined sugar. :twitchsmile:

:laf:

That's what neti pots are for.

Amen. After getting over how weird it feels, the relief is remarkable.

Thai iced tea.

Double drool!

Atkins? Good idea to stop having Wonder Bread and soda/pop, but c'mon.

As far as sugar, even sugar won't make me drink coffee of any sort. Yech, blargh, blech. Now chocolate, on the other hand... anything other than dark is too sweet! My palate is freakish. :wave2:

Milk is the product of irritated mucus membranes that line the udders. And that's udderly disgusting.

I'm thinkin' you don't want to be thinkin' 'bout where eggs make their grand exit/entrance from.

Now, I'm wondering if you were breast fed as a child? I don't know why that seemed worthy of mentioning.

I have no problem with milk products, eggs and I'd probably sell my children for enough raw oysters. If someone else doesn't care for them, more for greedy little me. :cheers:

I'm thinkin' you don't want to be thinkin' 'bout where eggs make their grand exit/entrance from.

" Oh, it don't make no kind of sense. A big old ox like Grady won't sit next to a coloured child, but he eats eggs which shoot right out of a chicken's ass!" Sipsey AKA Cecily Tyson ~ Fried Green Tomatoes

Now, I'm wondering if you were breast fed as a child? I don't know why that seemed worthy of mentioning.

T, I just don't remember. My interest in breasts disappeared once I was weaned on solid food. You know often I come home to find Sean photographing some gorgeous woman and she'll right away cover up her breasts. I make it a point to reassure her that I haven't had much interest in those since infancy :twitchsmile:

I'd probably sell my children for enough raw oysters. If someone else doesn't care for them, more for greedy little me. :cheers:

Raw oysters now your talkin'...pass the tobasco please. :twitchsmile:

Just to get back on topic .... I've tried many modern absinthes with sugar and without and I always prefer it with. Call me Verlaine if you like. He was pretty manly, wasn't he?

If you mean he was a top, yes.

This evening I tried an experiment for the heck of it. I've had a few glasses of Absinthe with sugar and without. I can't say I don't enjoy it with sugar - it's smoother I'll say that much. But I taste more herbal/ wormwood tones without. :twitchsmile:

Sugar is a must for me. I've tried most of my collection without sugar, but it didn't taste as good as the sugared versions. And I don't notice any loss of the ability to detect subtle flavors.