Danny Hawaii

Feedback on my first review?

I'd wager that many times people say a review isn't helpful simply because they don't agree with it. Sometimes they may even get offended if they're a fan of a particular product and your review is less than complimentary of it. The bottom line is it's your review, screw them. From looking at it just now I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Well done.

My review of Lucid obviously rubbed a couple people the wrong way, but I stand by it 100%

I ... I merely meant, Your Majesty, that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

Danny, guess what? I just gave your review another "unhelpful" vote. What a putz!

I ticked the red x because I thought it would show the comments of the person who didn't agree with your review. Put it down to old age and senility.

Anyways, sorry bout that mate! I liked the review and will go back and tick the green arrow this time.

If any of our mods can ditch my erroneous vote I would be grateful.

Eh? Did I miss something, again?

A wonderfully funny Monty Python sketch called "Oscar Wilde" promtped by Dr. Love's remark.

I was hoping to post a link to the audio, but I can't find it.

Your majesty is like a dose of the clap.

I think too much attention is being paid to the "Was this review helpful?" question. Who knows what answer a visitor is looking for when they read a review? Tic!

I think a good review strives to be both objective and descriptive. I think it is helpful if the commentary also provides some of the reasons for the awarded scores. Whether I happen to agree or disagree with a review is unimportant.

I agree, T73. I just brought this up because I had spent months building up to my first review. It's much better to have a good read than see what other people have ticked or not.

Like Amazon's review system, you still have to make up your own mind as to which reviews are balanced, but at least here we have a seasoned group of drunks professionals.

Shabba and absinthist, I'm one of the few people I know with ties to geekology that isn't well versed in Monty Python. It gave me this weird feeling that someone had hacked a couple of accounts and went crazy. I'll watch that video as soon as I hit Add Reply.

Thomas, no worries! I've already had my doubts soothed by the many people that clicked the tick. ;)

I agree, T73. I just brought this up because I had spent months building up to my first review. It's much better to have a good read than see what other people have ticked or not.

Agreed, again. I'm delighted you started this thread, Danny. Hopefully, you are paving the way for many more people to chime in with their professional drunken opinion. :cheers:

T, you're such a gentleman. I'm glad to be on a board with an admin of your calibre.

And your BB Code powers are strong as well. I'm sure you would be a formidable over-dubber. :devil: