beau_cauchemar

Jade and La Clandestine coming to US this fall!

Good news, that means it won't be long till it comes to Australia.

But I thought that Jade NO had more than 10 mg/L thujone? At least, I've been told that's why we can't get it in Australia.

I remember Ted saying that Nouvelle-Orléans was, in some ways, the most difficult of the Jades to produce. (Was it the difficulty of rounding up certain herbs? Correct me if I'm mistaken, Mister B.) For that reason, I'm surprised that N.O. is the first Jade to land on U.S. soil.

But thrilled! I loved N.O. from the first, and it's still one of my favorites.

Thanks for the news, Beau. :cheers:

Great news!

At this rate, the available selection of Absinthe in the USA could be as high as 10 (and dare we wish, 20) by new years eve! And, they keep getting better and better!

I find the Nouvelle Orleans news particularly interesting, especially since its thujone content tested at well over 20 ppm some time ago.

Perhaps that was a function of the particular wormwood crop, or maybe it's been a bit reformulated.

I find the Nouvelle Orleans news particularly interesting, especially since its thujone content tested at well over 20 ppm some time ago.

Perhaps that was a function of the particular wormwood crop, or maybe it's been a bit reformulated.

Yes, yes, that's what I said! ;)

I hope they haven't decaffeinated it...

$110 a bottle but no courier shipping makes it more attractive. It's good stuff. My biggest concern was courier shipping BUT the orders arrived fast and intact. Tough to beat that.

I'm just delighted the selection is growing. :)

Don't get me wrong OMG I am also delighted the selection is growing. The price is suggested, I think the actual price will come in less at the big shippers.

That's the BEST news ! And YaY to no shipping fees! I like LDF a lot, they posted my fan letter to them right on top of their customer comments, nice of them but I would have preferred a free bottle ;)

I'm not complaining, their service is fantastic but those shipping charges really add up. That aside I love seeing things heat up like this - it's a new day kids.

Delightful news! I'll save what little $ I have. Sorry, European exporters...

Iiiiii'mmmm dreaming of a blanche Christmas!

Oh, and a green one, too. Blanche for snow, verte for the tree!

Edit:: Whoops, looks like there's also something about this in the Clandestine thread.

Very exciting news! Seems like it won't be too long before it'll be stretching my budget just to keep up with all of the domestically available product :cheers:

At this rate, the available selection of Absinthe in the USA could be as high as 10 (and dare we wish, 20) by new years eve!
I make that more like 25 approved and/or in process. Dependent on the speed of the TTB, of course. And that's only counting ones I know about.

Ha!

Yes, it's very good news. I, too, have wondered why NO is the first Jade to be given the TTB treatment, only Ted knows for sure I guess how it is possible. I suppose we'll have to trust the maker that any necessary reformulation didn't impact either the taste, or any (howsoever minor and fleeting) "secondaries" that one might have gotten, or imagine to have gotten from their first bottle of N.O. perhaps. ;)

I'm very impressed by the price of NO. It's the same as at LDF, just without the shipping. Jade is still overpriced, IMO, but $110 a bottle is much more attractive than $160 after shipping.

Now, as for Clandestine, I'm pouncing all over that ASAP.

I, too, have wondered why NO is the first Jade to be given the TTB treatment, only Ted knows for sure I guess how it is possible. I suppose we'll have to trust the maker that any necessary reformulation didn't impact either the taste, or any (howsoever minor and fleeting) "secondaries" ...

It is the first due to sentimental reasons. Production volume is limited, and will be allocated.

It has not been reformulated. I would retire the product before doing that. Yes, this does present ongoing challenges.

Now, as for Clandestine, I'm pouncing all over that ASAP.

With any luck, you may even see it being served at "The Garage" in our lifetimes . . .