Sign in to follow this  
Danny Hawaii

Still Life With Toys

Here I combine two of my current obsessions while retaining my inner child. And all I had to do was sacrifice a glass of La Fee Parisian.

This photo exhibition in three parts was brought to you by the letter 'V', which, as we all know, stands for Verte. To view the set in larger sizes, visit Flickr.

Part I: Pablo Potato

2600422400_dc114e3fbb.jpg

Pablo Potato With Spoon

2600422582_499cbd9356.jpg

Pablo With Spoon In Glass

2600422922_ae1461d173.jpg

Evil Pablo At Work

2600423108_be170ec0dd.jpg

Pablo Is Ready To Drink

Part II: French Cafe Duo

2599593589_31a95582b0.jpg

The Loneliest Guitarist In The World

2599593897_94d3d0a13e.jpg

Cafe Duo Accompanied By Shadows

2599594055_e4ee9d04f6.jpg

The Duo Begins To Play

2599594233_5ca763878a.jpg

Cafe Duo Cunningly Travel Through Time By The Simple Use Of Sepia

Bravo! :clap: I can feel the duckies' pain and the musicians' loneliness.

Pablo could be hanging out on my bar. I could use a hand sometimes and he looks like someone who understands getting smashed...and served with butter and chives. :cheers:

Danny, Your art work made me smile and is much appreciated. Thanks for making my day a little brighter. I can't decide if my favorite is Pablo with Spoon in Glass or The Duck Who Drank too Much.

You mean the one titled "The Duo Begins To Play"?

I have all these in RAW format at 10 megapixels. I'm sure I can figure out a way to get prints made online.

I think I'll look into it. Thanks, Shabba!

Then get the little tike an absinthe bath bomb, quick smart! ;)

I did have some really nice handmade Absinthe soap last year, made me thirsty when I lathered up. Is it wrong to lick yourself after a shower?

I have all these in RAW format at 10 megapixels. I'm sure I can figure out a way to get prints made online.

I'll get a couple of our better theatre posters printed at good ol' Cafe Press. They do a nice job with huge digital files, converting them into 23" X 35" posters which we frame ourselves. For $18.00, it's pretty damn good.

Cowbwoy, maybe it's better to lick than to be licked?

T73, I've been using Cafepress myself for a while now, but haven't tried out their prints. Flickr seems to do prints too.

So many options.

I haven't tried Flickr's prints (although I use Flickr). Cafe Press made my persnickety designers happy so I think that's a good endorsement. If you go with Flickr, let me know what you think. ;)

Nice Daniel! Brings back warm fuzzy childhood memories with Salvador Spud. What about a dead rubber chicken still life with absinthe? ;)

I do have a couple of other ideas I want to try, but if I can find just the right rubber chicken (my old one melted!), I'll figure out a way to make it work. :devil:

Wonderful! I like the way you think Danny!

I'm with Shabba, the one with the shadows is really great.

That's just the pain killer kicking in Doc. :laugh:

Actually I think I might just stick with good old fashioned booze as my pain killer of choice. The percocet and tramodol I have just make me feel sick and like I'm on a bad acid trip.

You totally took me back to my highschool years. Back then my younger brother had a huge toolbox full of Action Figures of every imaginable description. One morning I woke up and found on the dining room table an empty beer mug with these little plastic alien reptiles climbing up into it and one apparently passed out at the bottom of the mug. Turns out a family friend, a pretty accomplished power drunk, came over at 3 am on the way home from work and did an impromptu photo shoot with the little guys called Lizards Drank My Booze before sleeping it off on our couch. I thought it was dumb back then but nowadays the Idea of little lizards stealing my beer is Hilarious to me. I guess once the Little People get involved, things have gotten, well.... I wish I knew where those photos were. :drunk:

If the color version of the two musicians on the spoon (second one down) were available as a print, I'd have it on my wall in a second.

On T73's recommendation, as well as my previous experience with the general good quality of CafePress, I've put up some of my photos for sale. I marked them up by only $5 from the base price (which is what CafePress charges), but only to cover the costs of running a 'premium' shop (which was the only way to have multiple products of the same type!).

At the moment I've just added some framed panel prints but I'm sure I'll keep adding more shots and formats to come. If anyone has any requests, feel free to PM me.

I'm not really trying to make any cash out of this, but having the store up there is a good way for me to motivate myself to do more absinthe-inspired photography. And if these photos can make anyone else out there happy, well, that's a good thing too.

Look out in the future for Oscar Wilde as a doll drinking oversized absinthe, as well as a set of absinthes with different noses. Literally, different noses. You'll see ...

Cheers, T. I can't wait for the weekend so I can do some more shots I have planned.

Some absinthe will have to be sacrificed. The sacrificial altar will first be my 'studio' setup, followed closely by my belly.

If it's rubber chickens your wanting, I have seven of them. They were all gifts. I'm not really sure if that is a compliment or an insult. Anyway, if you need to borrow one for art's sake, they can fly. :biggrin: Just send me directions for them.

Seven!? I used to be pretty happy with one until it melted and stuck to the wall.

I have a feeling buying one locally would be cheaper than you shipping it, but thanks for the offer. :)