Steveski

Mata Hari update from Steveski

I'm not amazed it's still in the market, particularly when all I see in the way of absinthe in my local liquor stores are Grune Fee and Absente. the OP went into a long wall of text to distract us from what he was marketing, but I'm quite sure we all know what he's marketing, and it's not absinthe. It's something trading on the name. To say "it's probably absinthe" is not good enough for me, when I have all the Jades and more of the real thing sitting on my table. I'm not interested in "probably absinthe."

Edited by Amy Lewis

To say "it's probably absinthe" is not good enough for me, when I have all the Jades and more of the real thing sitting on my table. I'm not interested in "probably absinthe."

That's your prerogative. Believe me when I tell you I have no use for Mata Hari, either. It's just that in an effort to not be perceived as extreme or zealous, I follow definitions with that judgement. What I said has only to do with the WS maintaining it's credibility as a reasonable organization.

BTW, the character responsible for the OP no longer has anything to do with this brand.

Geez, what's next on the surprise market survivor list, Elixier? :puke:

I have just about no doubt that if this were a stand-alone product, not produced by Fischer Spirits, it would probably be, by now, long gone.

Has anyone else tried this and thought it tasted like nail polish remover?  Not an exaggeration either, as I used to live with an alcoholic that swapped vodka out for nail polish remover, and this is what Mata Hari tastes like to me.  Was it just a bad batch, or is this stuff really supposed this disgusting? No anise, and it stained my glasses green.