Sign in to follow this  
Nouveau

Another one from Australia.....

Greetings everyone at WS

I thought it time to finally post here and introduce myself after lurking for a very long time. Joop and I are friends with Danny Hawaii, Jonathan Carfax and Robert Maxwell who you may know from other threads, particularly those in The Blackmail Box. We are based in Sydney and import French & Swiss absinthe to Australia and have an affiliated online retail site.

We have always had a fascination with the product and its history so while living and working in Holland from 2000-2005 we decided to make an absinthe distillery trip through France and Switzerland and start tasting and buying for ourselves. We visited all the distilleries we could and went to Boveresse 2005 and had a great time. We thought if we could bring these absinthes into Australia and make our career predominantly absinthe related we would be very happy campers indeed. So that is what we did, it has been, and still is, a long journey, and an expensive one but we remain optimistic!

I will post some special Australian locations who serve in the traditional manner in the Absinthe Around the World thread. It is still a re-education in regard to what absinthe is here. Unfortunately we do not have the incredible reception to absinthe as you have in the US, due to the fact that absinthe has been availble in various guises here for the best part of 10 years.

I have spent many hours on WS (and FV) over the years researching and thank you all, and Gwydion of course, for your insightful and intelligent information which has contributed to us being able to make the right choices and decisions and to inturn pass that knowledge on.

Hope to contribute a little back in return.

Gaye :wave2:

Soon, Australian absintheurs shall take over the world!

Better hurray, December 21st of 2012 is right around the corner. :devil:

Welcome, Gaye! :cheers:

Welcome Gaye! :cheers:

You'll be pleased to know that I finally got around to adding an Absinthesalon link to the vendor page.

Thankyou for that Gwydion, that is very much appreciated. And thanks for all the welcomes from everyone.