density

Obsello Absenta

There are a lot of people around here that have lutfisk around the holiday season. There are places that have big celebrations and serve it then, also.

I keep telling myself I will try it some day. Just can't bring myself to doing it!!

I have to give credit where credit is due.

Don't get me wrong, I love seals, but Hartsmar's idea of "going clubbing" is definitely a refreshing change from your typical Euro-trasher's.

:laf:

I have to give credit where credit is due.

Don't get me wrong, I love seals, but Hartsmar's idea of "going clubbing" is definitely a refreshing change from your typical Euro-trasher's.

I am pleased to announce that Obsello is now available in three important restaurants. A bit of kudos to our business half for deciding to target the places I like to eat!

1. Michael Mina, Westin St. Francis hotel

Chef is a former Bon Appetite "chef of the year"

2. Boulevard Restaurant, One Mission St, San Francisco

Chef is a former James Beard Foundation "best chef in California"

3. Absinthe Brasserie and Bar, 398 Hayes, San Francisco

Chef is a former SF Guardian "rising star chef"

Cheers,

Guys

Butch, make sure to add in your review to the main site.

I'm looking forward to trying the new stuff.

Apparently they've made some tweaks after my original sample was reviewed.

I got my bottle today!

My F.D. drill just ended and I have time for a small drink. Not too bad!

I'll give it another try tomorrow, when I have more time.

I got my bottle today!

My F.D. drill just ended and I have time for a small drink. Not too bad!

I'll give it another try tomorrow, when I have more time.

I'd like to hear more on this one.

Edited by Sol2Sol

I still have to sit down and do a proper review. Right now, my allergies are pretty bad, so I'll wait a while to do any reviews.

In short, I like it. In the two glasses I've had the mint was almost un-detectable. Lots of sweet anise and citrus notes. In the end, a light wormwood and some tongue numbing.

This may have given me an excuse to have a drink! :devil:

Like Butch, I finally got my bottle from DUNY, and after letting it rest a few days had the chance to try some. Wow!

Of the 4 brands I've tried thus far (Kübler, La Muse Verte & Lucid), this is my favorite by a good margin. Smoothest so far, and rather creamy. I like mint, but here it was delicate and not even remotely overpowering. The vanilla taste was there as well; but where the mint was up front, this flavor was at the back end...helped to give it a smoother finish to my mind. I'd have posted a review, but I just don't feel competent enough to do so, with only 4 brands total to have crossed my palette.

A good bargain, though; and not only will I be keeping some on hand at all times, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Obsello to any absinthe fan!

Hey Guys,

Wow what a month :yahoo:. I just came back from a blitz tour of the United States and am pleased to announce that we successfully launched in Vegas, and LA (and a few secret venues in NY). I am tired!!!!

But, I thought I should say hello since so many of you are getting bottles via Drink Up NY and most of you seem to like them :thumbup:

Also after meeting the top mixologists in the world, I have a few mixed drinks I thought I would share with you.

Manhattan Cocktail

2 shots of Bourbon (I had it with Sazerac Bourbon)

3/4 shot of sweet vermouth

Let stand on ice for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.

Shake and strain. Then add a splash of angostura bitters, a splash of Obsello (sorry I could not resist) and a orange twist.

I must say it was heavenly! The drink eves a sweet coating on your lips like you just kissed someone wearing absinthe lip gloss.

2. OK this one is proprietary. I dont yet know what to call it? Any ideas?

Made by Jack at Las Cuevas del Sorte, Barcelona.

1 part Obsello

2 parts Peach Juice

2 parts Pear juice

1/2 cup crushed Ice

Blend and serve

Sweet but not overly so and very cool and refreshing. Very interesting combination of flavors and not to sweet. I am a fan!

I also had a killer Sea Fizz at Little Branch in NY!!! Amazing bar and staff!

Hearing all of your opinions about my work, I humbly request you write some reviews. They really do make a difference and a lot of americans are looking to you guys for information.

Cheers,

B. Alex

Obsello Absinthe

Sol helado?

Hada helada? Or is it helado? I think it's a feminine noun that takes a masculine article in the singular, but I can't remember exactly.

For what it is worth, Mr. Alex, Absinthe was a very common addition to the Manhattan (and just about every other cocktail) around 1900. So you're in very good company including it!

Here's a recipe from the 1900 edition of Harry Johnson's Bartender's Guide:

Manhattan Cocktail

(Use a large bar glass.)

Fill the glass up with ice;

1 or 2 dashes of gum syrup, very carefully;

1 or 2 dashes of bitters (orange bitters);

1 dash of curacao or absinthe, if required;

1/2 wine-glass of whiskey;

1/2 wine-glass of vermouth;

Stir up well; strain into a fancy cocktail glass; squeeze a piece of lemon peel on top, and serve; leave it for the customer to decide, whether to use absinthe or not. This drink is very popular at the present day. It is the bartender's duty to ask the customer, whether he desires his drink dry or sweet.

I like how the amounts for basically every ingredient aside from the whiskey and sweet vermouth are to the customer's taste.

~Erik

(By the bye, a "wine glass" is equal to about 2 ounces.)

Sol helado?

Hada helada? Or is it helado? I think it's a feminine noun that takes a masculine article in the singular, but I can't remember exactly.

hada Helado would be "Ice cream fairy"

;)

I must admit she sounds very nice! In fact I have some walnut ice cream that is "freezing a hole" in my freezer!

Cheers,

B.

It is the bartender's duty to ask the customer, whether he desires his drink dry or sweet.

It seems even the vermouth!

haha!

Edited by Obsello

By the way,

Thanks Shabba for re-reviewing the Obsello. It is amazing what a few minor tweaks can do to an absinthe.

Cheers,

B.

Edited by Obsello