density

Obsello Absenta

I got the email from Albert at the Spirits Corner today saying that he is now selling Obsello. I had not heard of this one, and did a brief search through the forums. There is not much mention of it, but it looks to be coming USward. In the meantime, all you rich people can go buy lots of bottles of this stuff and tell me how it tastes. The wiki article suggests it has a different anise in it, know anything about that?

I live through you, so discuss this product for me.

Edited by Hiram
Correct typo in title.

The product is made using only whole herbs and contains no artificial flavoring, or coloring agents.

The description is cool and a review at our friend Hartsmar's Absinthe.SE is even more promising.

I hope it becomes available here at only $34.80 a bottle!

I can't wait. Between all the new and pending releases and our pal DP's promising endeavor, the future looks good. :cheers:

Wow, that website of theirs makes me feel like I'm about to sit down at a baccarat table with 007.

They also play a different background song every time you visit the site.

Hmm, what is a "respectable amount of Thujone" as they put it?

I do dig the javascript though, and the spoon is mighty pretty. Too bad the holes are so big; half your sugar cube will end up at the bottom of your drink for sure! Nevertheless, I like the curved handle.

In the F A Q, they say it's 10 ppm.

I still don't get why they decide to mention it at all. Well, I guess I do. But creating more market by propogating the myth aint cool, even if on other parts of the site they make specific mention of how absinthe isn't any different than other alcohols, and that it won't make you crazy or see things. :twitchsmile:

"If you have come into contact with a bitter absinthe, please dispose of it in a manner that will prevent anyone else from drinking it."

:laf:

Yeah, lose that "respectable thujone" line, and I'm pretty happy.

We tasted the final version with Hartsmar in Pontarlier and it's not that good, too minty, we had to sink it.

This is his fourth version and according to Hartsmar, the previous ones were promising but then he changed something that altered the product.

Sorry for your (money) loss DL.

Any toilets you needed to clean these days?

The Obsello folks have registered, but are having network issues; the validation notice bounced back. They'll be along to answer concerns at some point.

Obsello, email me a phone number and we'll get it sorted.

In the F A Q, they say it's 10 ppm.

If that was mine, I'd be concerned. Why? Because it's right at the limit of what's allowed. What happens with next year's crop of AA and unbeknownst to themselves, go over the limit. If the TTB tested their product in a random selection, and were found to be in violation, that would be bad for them and for all other manufacturers.

That's a good point, no one really need that kind of attention now do they?

It's a shame if the suck factor is really that high, the bottle and label are very nice looking though.

Hmm, that's some mint in there, yes? But wasn't mthuilli complaining that mint was the problem with Obsello?

Aha! Just think of it as a premixed Absinthe mojito in a bottle!

Nevertheless, I am game to try a sample when it hits the shelves. Could be mthuilli just had a sample from a bad batch??