Mrs. Hiram

Some of My Art

After over two years of cajoling, Hiram has finally prevailed upon me to actually sell some of my artwork instead of hoarding it away in books and books and books and books. Of course, it took our financially dire straits to nudge me over the edge, ever so gently. I've placed the painting you see here for sale on eBay. You can see the auction here.

Thank you for looking!

~XOXOX~ Trinity

erotic_painting1_500.jpg

that first painting is beautiful

it gives me a Diego Rivera feeling, but more sensual like Georgia or Frida

i love it, beautiful colors too

I liked all three. Keep it up. My mother was a good impressionist painter, good with oils, chalks, water color etc. At one time her paintings were on display at the frye. Go for it, even if you never become famous, if it's your soul, what you love to do, that is all that matters. Most great artists were never famous in their life times. :cheers:

Mrs. H., I am truly impressed! I love the hint of exhibitionism and the bold colors. Not sure if I see tapestry or rug, but the latter is more likely given my state of mind. Carnal? You bet! Probably made more so by the absence of cephali (of course, the abstract forms make it easier to project oneself into the scene). Were I to collect the funds for such a treasure, I'd probably have to consign it to my basement office (along with my Voodoo Flag of the "Grand Bob" and my reproduction of "Theodore Death Head" by Pascal Doury). The kids are just not ready for the like, at least not the youngest.

Ah, the nun! Conjures up my second grade at St. Gregory's in Phoenix: Sister Philomena. I was well behaved and rarely got on her punishing side. Of course you would have to age the nun in the drawing/portrait about a century to approximate the good Sister. (I love the brick motif below the habit, it is so confining). My poor brother couldn't take the Catholic school (he had the pretty nun) and had to be relocated mid-year to the public school (where he prospered). I liked Catholic school (2nd, 3rd grade and then a skip to 7th grade) except for my run-in over evolution. The 7th grade teacher (actually not a nun) tried to humiliate me over my defense, but it just made me dig in my heels.

Best of luck on eBay. Do you plan to re-list or add additional paintings/drawings?

Lastly, any absinthe-inspired work? Or even subject matter (I'm thinking still life)?

Very nice work.

Your choice in backgrounds and borders is very stunning. Good background work is hard to do and often ignored but it really fills out an image.

E-bay is often hit and miss, especially with original artwork. Most people are looking for killer deals or odd gimmick items. If you haven't you may want to try and advertise on site/forum that specializes in original art, graphite, etc.

In the sword world, there are quality antiques that are sometimes sold on e-bay, but even a person who knows what they are looking for might not know it because of the constant crap flood. Things can easily slip through unless the seller advertises on the right places.

I can think of at least one person who would be most interested in purchasing at least one of Mrs. Hiram's artistic works. Please be sure to PM them if anything is commercially available.

It's very rare that I see forum member art on any forum that impresses me, but Hiram's wife and Prole's wife both impress me. They clearly have their own distinct aesthetics and are skilled as well as talented.

I don't know a lot about art, but I know what's good, and their stuff is good.

I don't know what I like,

but I know a lot about art.

All the shapes in that first piece are the same. So the bodies and the background elements all look comfortable together, in the same world. Since all the color is in the background and negative spaces, the bodies look like they're just a part of the joy going on all around them, not separate from it.

Did Trinity create her avatar as well?