Gwydion Stone

Pansexual absinthe café culture, circa 1888

Best. Thread. Ever.

And, despite all my gender/sexuality theory schooling, I can't say anything better than what was said before. Damned Bachelor's degree.

Now to louche one to get in touch with the cosmic fabulousness! :twitchsmile:

I'll drink to that!

And I'll join you! This thread has been hysterical - and if ever there was a week I needed a good laugh, this was it.

Peter :twitchsmile:

I have visions of my students engaging in graphic auditions with Barbies, now. Eeeek.
They might surprise you with their inventiveness. Seduction needn't be overtly sexual, after all. I can imagine one of your students holding Barbie at arm's length and saying: "Hey....wanna go bowling?"

Brooks, Maggie and I are the only ones with a working knowledge of the play, Wonder of the World? :huh: Damn that was funny of us! You see, one of the central characters has this really wacky fetish involving swallowing Barbie heads and then deriving sexual pleasure from... Well, it doesn't have a thing to do with absinthe or being gay but...

David Lindsay-Abaire wrote it.

Nevermind.

Uh-huh. That's fine.

So long as you don't impose your dollhead-swallowing lifestyle on me or the children. "Love the doll, hate the dollhead," is my motto.

Uh-huh. That's fine.

So long as you don't impose your dollhead-swallowing lifestyle on me or the children. "Love the doll, hate the dollhead," is my motto.

HA! :laf:

It's these "doll head swallowers" screeching for "special rights" that gets my goat.

Speaking of goats ~ if we give them the right to marry before you know it people will be marrying goats. And this would be an affront to traditional marriage. Of course, the countless three sheets to the wind, known each other for seven hours Non doll head swallowers, getting hitched at 3 AM in Vegas by a bloated, Elvis impersonator ~ enhances the sanctity of marriage.

Peter :twitchsmile:

Uh-huh. That's fine.

"Love the doll, hate the dollhead," is my motto.

Brooks, I have a feeling that you, and the much loved Kallisti, founder of Fee Verte, might be at odds over this one. ;)

Hmmm.......a lady and her dollheads. Tell me more!

Speaking of goats ~ if we give them the right to marry, before you know it people will be marrying goats.

Then it's on to polygamy. Next thing you know, every man will have a dozen dollhead-swallowing goat-wives. What kind of message does that send to the children?

"Polyfidelitous capriphilic pediocephalophagiacs that eat together bleat together"?

Think of the children, it's Goat Trauma Awareness Month.

Speaking of goats ~ if we give them the right to marry before you know it people will be marrying goats.

Careful, you'll offend Mrs. Absomphe.

I'm not so sure of that. Absomphe wrote me a wonderful message which said and I quote "baaaaa baaaaa" I was touched.

Until he asked for a free bale of hay and a tin can...or wait, was that wormwood?

Either way, I feel used.

Think of the children, it's Goat Trauma Awareness Month.

:laf: Spit take. Coffee on clean white shirt.

Absomphe wrote me a wonderful message which said and I quote "baaaaa baaaaa".

Hollow flattery. He uses that line on everyone.

Easier said than done.

After all, she's still with ME after more than ten years.

And, Brooks...the only reason I use that line on everyone is because I'm an irredeemable skeptic, and it's extremely difficult for a goat to say "humbug".

Specially trained herding dogs are equally suitable for Goats as well as Children (or probationary party guests).

I'm not even gonna try to fit the Theater into that one.

I'd bet my horns that children have traumatized more goats than the other way around.

I know I'd rather hang out with a bunch of four-legged kids than the two-legged variety, on any given day.

It's a real issue.

When I was young visiting my Great-Grandmother's farm, we were always met at the car by her goat. It would approach the car slowly and would raise up on its hind legs and would try and butt us. My father, after having put up with our screaming out of fear Sunday after Sunday, got out ahead of us, pulled the 2x4 seat out of the rope of swing under the oak tree and "knocked one out of the park" when the goat was coming downward for a butt.

Goat Trauma Awareness.

After coming home from school one day, I noticed my Shetland Pony (a worthless creature all-in-all) had a very significant abrasion on his forehead. I asked my father, "What happen to Peanut?" Sez he, "He kick me so I picked up a 2X4 and got his attention." Peanut never kicked my dad or anyone else after that although he still wasn't much good for anything.

Sexuality wasn't a choice ("fixed" as we so callously put it) nor an issue with Peanut. I don't think he drank absinthe nor performed in a show. Worthless though he was, Peanut has put the thread back on topic.

Sexuality wasn't a choice ("fixed" as we so callously put it) nor an issue with Peanut. I don't think he drank absinthe nor performed in a show. Worthless though he was, Peanut has put the thread back on topic.

It's painfully obvious that peanut was under the effect of Thujone. It had to be this abuse of the mind altering effects of Absinthe that made poor Peanut literally go "nuts" in his attempt to confront his true sexual orientation. So, please. Don't blame poor peanut but rather the brain busting, trip your balls off effects of the demon, Satan personified diabolical devil juice ~ Thujone.

Maybe my father was drinking absinthe and it drove him to whack animals with perfectly innocent lumber.

I thought Peanut was my Shetland pony.

Fine by me. You can have him. ;)

Yep, there's been a lot of innocent lumber used on shetland ponies. Any animal that bites, steps on me, runs me down a barbed wire fence and then under a bunch of trees, deserves something smaller.

Perhaps of a lead variety.

I have gotten back at one one time. This isn't the venue for that though. :devil:

:cheers: