Absinthe Raymond Thi 1914

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Rimbaud

Rimbaud

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

chrisemt74, you have a whole bottle of PRE-BAN being sent via regular USPS mail?!?!

How long ago did it ship?
Internet Tough Guy

#62 chrisemt74

chrisemt74

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

Well, I ordered it through Oxy around July 1st. To be fair, I'm not sure if it is by USPS, although all of my orders over seas have come through the postal service. It has been in transit for about a week. Should I be concerned?
I gotta fever, and the only perscription is...more cowbell.

#63 Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Really Advanced Member

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Yes. Contact Oxy...immediately. Oxy has a flawless track record for deliveries. He's good people too.

If you don't like anise at all, you're not likely to care for any decent absinthe, as absinthe is an anise flavored drink. It's kind of like asking if there are any good beers that don't taste like hops or malt.----Hiram

Marc Bernhard, owner and Master Distiller of Pacific Distillery LLC
Maker of Pacifique Absinthe and Voyager Single Batch Distilled Gin and vodka.
Woodinville, WA, USA
www.pacificdistillery.com

#64 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

Wow, pre-ban...through the mail. Most stuff, I could see that, but pre-ban? That's irreplaceable. I"d want Fort Knox involved for a whole bottle!
- cogito ergo louche

“I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.” - Neil Gaiman

#65 chrisemt74

chrisemt74

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Well, to be fair I'm just assuming. My samples arrived through mail. (Luckily, without incident.) David has been nothing but a complete professional, so I'm not really concerned with anything on his end. However, U.S. customs is another issue. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! Reviews to come shortly....

#66 Rimbaud

Rimbaud

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

My Oxy samples all arrived via courier. I highly doubt he would send a whole bottle of pre-ban via regular mail. That would be insane.
Internet Tough Guy

#67 Oscar

Oscar

“Life is good”

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Oh yeah, this is pre-ban, and you fuckers drank it all!!!

No Sir, not all of it. :devil:

Have a pleasant day. :wave2:

Ditto :wave2:
"Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal."

#68 Retrogarde

Retrogarde

"historical joie de vivre" -Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

To be clear, I was just referring to the Raymond Thi, which is now gone probably forever. I too and sitting on a bit of Pre-ban still. But in five or ten years? I doubt there will be much left in the world except for French Lady's unopened bottles. Too bad, no wonder she thinks Le Fee is spot on!
The basic tools of the absintheur are essentially a spoon, glass, sugar cube, chilled water, and absinthe. None of the other objects are actually necessary to prepare the drink, but they are imperative for instigating a type of visual hypnosis and bringing richness to the ceremony.
--Betina J. Wittels

#69 dakini_painter

dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:28 AM

Look on the bright side, Retro, when you're as old as Absomphe, you'll be able to regale the great grand-kids with stories of how you tasted new made absinthe at the dawn of the Post-Ban Age.

"Good is the only investment that never fails." Thoreau.
"Don't you push me baby cause I'm holdin' low / and you know I'm only in it for the gold" Grateful Dead
Distiller and Proprietor, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY. DSP-NY-15019. www.delawarephoenix.com

#70 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,254 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

Save them some samples. :)

Leave cryptic notes about them (the samples) and just set back and smile knowing your great grands will be in awe. Leave some of your vintage photos as well. Confusion is fun. I have it each day.

:devil:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#71 Retrogarde

Retrogarde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

Oooh, I like that phrase Dakini: "It was the dawn of the Post-Ban Age"...

Makes me think a little of the opening narration for Babylon 5 though. DORK!

And Bill, if I had any self control I'd buy a few bottles of some good modern stuff and stick them in my basement for a decade or two!
The basic tools of the absintheur are essentially a spoon, glass, sugar cube, chilled water, and absinthe. None of the other objects are actually necessary to prepare the drink, but they are imperative for instigating a type of visual hypnosis and bringing richness to the ceremony.
--Betina J. Wittels

#72 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Look on the bright side, Retro, when you're as old as Absomphe, you'll be able to regale the great grand-kids with stories of how you tasted new made absinthe at the dawn of the Post-Ban Age.

I think he'll REALLY awe 'em when he gives 'em a nip of that PF 1010, though. :devil:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#73 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

not to forget the little card with the story of the blind monks.......
What part of Klaatu Barada Nikto don't you understand?

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

#74 Retrogarde

Retrogarde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

Damn, my typo is crossing threads now! :blush:
--Betina J. Wittels

#75 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Next thing you know, it'll be time-traveling! :tongue:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#76 chrisemt74

chrisemt74

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

My Oxy samples all arrived via courier. I highly doubt he would send a whole bottle of pre-ban via regular mail. That would be insane.

Well to give you an update, the bottle came today.....by the United States Postal Service! I guess the courier hands it over to them once it gets on U.S. soil? I have never seen a bottle so carefully packed. (Although I would have prefered a combination lock with laser retina identification.) But seriously, Oxy was extremely helpful with my questions. I would definitely endorse them to anyone.

And a lesson in politics.....get on the good side of your mail man/woman. It will pay dividends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association