Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Absinthe Raymond Thi 1914

Well, I ordered it through Oxy around July 1st. To be fair, I'm not sure if it is by USPS, although all of my orders over seas have come through the postal service. It has been in transit for about a week. Should I be concerned?

Wow, pre-ban...through the mail. Most stuff, I could see that, but pre-ban? That's irreplaceable. I"d want Fort Knox involved for a whole bottle!

Well, to be fair I'm just assuming. My samples arrived through mail. (Luckily, without incident.) David has been nothing but a complete professional, so I'm not really concerned with anything on his end. However, U.S. customs is another issue. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! Reviews to come shortly....

Oh yeah, this is pre-ban, and you fuckers drank it all!!!

No Sir, not all of it. :devil:

Have a pleasant day. :wave2:

Ditto :wave2:

To be clear, I was just referring to the Raymond Thi, which is now gone probably forever. I too and sitting on a bit of Pre-ban still. But in five or ten years? I doubt there will be much left in the world except for French Lady's unopened bottles. Too bad, no wonder she thinks Le Fee is spot on!

Look on the bright side, Retro, when you're as old as Absomphe, you'll be able to regale the great grand-kids with stories of how you tasted new made absinthe at the dawn of the Post-Ban Age.

Save them some samples. :)

Leave cryptic notes about them (the samples) and just set back and smile knowing your great grands will be in awe. Leave some of your vintage photos as well. Confusion is fun. I have it each day.

:devil:

Oooh, I like that phrase Dakini: "It was the dawn of the Post-Ban Age"...

Makes me think a little of the opening narration for Babylon 5 though. DORK!

And Bill, if I had any self control I'd buy a few bottles of some good modern stuff and stick them in my basement for a decade or two!

Look on the bright side, Retro, when you're as old as Absomphe, you'll be able to regale the great grand-kids with stories of how you tasted new made absinthe at the dawn of the Post-Ban Age.

I think he'll REALLY awe 'em when he gives 'em a nip of that PF 1010, though. :devil:

My Oxy samples all arrived via courier. I highly doubt he would send a whole bottle of pre-ban via regular mail. That would be insane.

Well to give you an update, the bottle came today.....by the United States Postal Service! I guess the courier hands it over to them once it gets on U.S. soil? I have never seen a bottle so carefully packed. (Although I would have prefered a combination lock with laser retina identification.) But seriously, Oxy was extremely helpful with my questions. I would definitely endorse them to anyone.

And a lesson in politics.....get on the good side of your mail man/woman. It will pay dividends.