Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Absinthe Raymond Thi 1914

After more than a year of negotiations, I’ve finally acquired a bottle of absinthe Raymond Thi.

It has been produced by a small artisanal distiller from the Poitou-Charentes region and bottled at 65° (according to the label, I’ve tested it at 66°) in a very nice Grande Chartreuse bottle.

The bottle has been found in the cellar of a very old bistrot 5 years ago, it has been seated upright for nearly a century and both the cork and level are perfect.

As you can see on the pictures, the louche is great. As for the taste, it is surprisingly very similar to Edouard Pernod with an alcohol maybe slightly more biting.

For the connoisseurs’ interest, I’m selling only five 6cl samples from it, no more.

If you’re interested in tasting a unique and unknown vintage absinthe, contact me.

This opportunity won’t happen again!

IMG_6633MS.jpg

IMG_6643MS.jpg

IMG_6651MS.jpg

IMG_6664MS.jpg

IMG_6675MS.jpg

Update : 3 samples are already sold.

That looks really great mthulli. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding happy folks to share your joy (for a few clams, but that's OK). Good luck.

:cheers:

I just paid car insurance and next up is the tag. I wonder if my cop buddies would let me drive with an expired tag? I doubt it. Damn!

I can almost certainly afford it.

But I can't justify spending on such a luxury right now with everything else going on. Damn.

The lucky motherfuckers who got this had better post some reviews. :)

Good thing I passed. Got side swiped by an 'uninsured motorist' today. I'll have to pay the deductible.($500) to get the truck fixed.

I think someone painted a target on me.

At least no one got hurt.

True dat, he thinks, as he whistles the 'Bridge Over the River Kwai' theme music. :)

Good thing I passed. Got side swiped by an 'uninsured motorist' today. I'll have to pay the deductible.($500) to get the truck fixed. I think someone painted a target on me. At least no one got hurt.

That no one got hurt is great. That you didn't deck the "uninsured" is a testament. The rest of it sucks dog piss. Sorry about that, Gimp.

Accidents are just no fun at all. Glad to hear you're OK Gimp!

And what Peridot said.