Sign in to follow this  
Retrogarde

Absinthe Movie Storage

I have a neat DVD storage unit made to look like a library card catalog. I keep about 50% of my movies in it, compartmentalized into categories like "Robots" and "Samurai", or be director: "Lynch, D." and "Romero, G.".

DVD.jpg

But my Absinthe movie collection is too big to fit in a single drawer.

drawer.jpg

So I found a solution: DVD storage binders made to look like leather bound books:

book.jpg

They hold both the film and either liner notes or the cover sheet. I'll still keep films with fancy packaging in the drawer shown above, but a lot of these films aren't even worth the 1/2" of shelf space they would be taking up (Vin Diesel in xXx anyone?), so this is an ideal way to maintain the collection.

I picked it up for $17 at Staples. It looks quite nice on the shelf next to Barnaby Conrad's Absinthe book.

I bought the cabinet online from Target last year, but they don't seem to be selling them now. They have a similar product for CD storage though that you can check out here.

I am a mediaphile to be sure, but I prefer to maintain a slightly more vintage look in my home, so stuff like this is a godsend. Of course you have to enjoy cataloging your media, because filling the drawers in random order is a recipe for frustration!

So I found a solution: DVD storage binders made to look like leather bound books:

Retrogarde, I have the same binder. I use it to put all my burnt cds in

It's so cliche I know, but great minds think alike :cheers:

post-2073-1215297998_thumb.jpg

Edited by Susannah

Those kind of older-filing systems and furniture are a tough find sometimes. I saw one at a Goodwill while I was on vacation; opted to pass ona’cuz I’d have nowhere to put it, or time to restore it. But yours looks very good Retro!