JJBlanche

Any New US Absinthe's?

Hey JJ. Welcome back. Check out Sirene. There's a thread around here someplace. The reviews are pretty good. Apparently, there are a couple more waiting to make an appearance just around the corner.

I've been in those situations. Once UPS tried to deliver a package when I wasn't home and left me a note saying I could pick it up if I called them by 5. I did and they said that they would call me back in an hour and it would be ready for me to pick up. They didn't call so I had to call them. They said it was already locked up and unsorted so it was impossible to find. It was on a Friday and I had to wait until Monday to get it.

Thanks for that link, nephrite. I remember skimming it before but didn't retain much. I'm not seeing a reference to absinthe on the website. A couple of interesting things jumped out at me:

*A 40 gallon still would equal 150 liters yet each batch produces 50 cases. Maybe a "batch" is more than one run of a still, the multiple runs blended together to give a single batch?

*Rocky Mountain Peaches?

The peaches, which are grown in on the western slopes of the Colorado Rockies, are harvested between early June and July
I had no idea peaches were grown in the Rockies.

Hey nephrite, thanks for the pointer. And I see that he mentions here , on May 5, that "it (Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte) will be released in Colorado this coming week" !!! I was at my local liquor supermarket this past Saturday, saw the Kübler and Lucid on the shelves, but no Leopold Bros. I think it's time for some detective work ...

And T73, yes, there are fruit tree orchards on the western slope, mostly concentrated around Palisade, near Grand Junction. It's great when we can get fruit here along the front range that has only been subjected to a short truck ride. I believe there are vineyards and wineries out in that area as well, although I'm not familiar with Colorado's wine industry other than seeing a small bit of shelf space at local liquor stores.

*Rocky Mountain Peaches? I had no idea peaches were grown in the Rockies.

Would you prefer Rock Mountain Oysters? :laf:

...yes, there are fruit tree orchards on the western slope, mostly concentrated around Palisade, near Grand Junction...I believe there are vineyards and wineries out in that area as well, although I'm not familiar with Colorado's wine industry other than seeing a small bit of shelf space at local liquor stores.

I've stopped off in Palisade a few times whilest traveling along I-70 and sampled some of the wines at the vinyards. However, I'm much more partial to mead. Rocky Mountain Meadery is out there and I can never resist sopping by and picking up a few cases of Mead. If I find I need to stay the night, I stay at the Hotel Melrose in Grand Junction. There's even a brewery-restaurant one block to the north. Lots of good stuff.

Le Tourment Verte is available on bevmo.com, though the reviews I've read don't paint it in a very good light.

BTW, any new news on when Tempus Fugit Spirits will start distributing Duplais and Co. ?