Sign in to follow this  
Conju

So I was working...

I was working at Big5 and a guy walked into the store. He was wearing a shirt that said wormwood on it and had the infamous picture depicting the sweedish victory over the death of the green fairy.

I told him he had an interesting shirt, asked him where he got it and he said that there was a band in seattle called wormwood that he was friends with.

The whole incident really caught me off guard.

Anyone hear of these guys?

yep.

they are a heavy metal sort of deal.

not really my kind o' music,but they are good at what they do.

I've never talked with any of the guys in the band,and there isnt much absinthe/wormwood imagery on their website,so,....I'm kinda thinking that its more a name and not really substance they imbibe....at least not semi regularly.

you can check 'em out at the wormwood website and their myspace page

Guess it was four bands:

WORMWOOD, GREY, GRIEVOUS, LESBIAN

(Chop Suey) Grievous's songs may last the length of your typical rock track, but their sludgy turbulence is so oppressive that their grip on your core lasts twice as long. Songs are as dense as overgrown swampland, with the riffs low-hanging and the vocals scraping gravel as they growl and gurgle along. Drum hits flap through songs like gigantic bat wings and melodies clang like bells for the dead and the doomed. Not for the light of heart or spirit, Grievous channel nefarious alien life forms on their One Breath from Winter EP—including a bit of William S. Burroughs, whose sampled vocals add an extra eerie edge. JENNIFER MAERZ See also Live Wire, page 33.

I keep him chained up in the garage, feed 'im raw fish and crotch.

(Hint #2: One of these meals is in infinite supply. :devil: )