Sign in to follow this  
bsbiederman

Another new guy from Chicago...

Hello everyone!

My name is Brad. I'm 23 years old and live in Chicago.

I'm very new to absinthe. Very new, as in, I've yet to taste a single drop of it. However, I intend to change that (as soon as possible, in fact) and found this forum while searching the Internet for information.

Films are to blame for my initial interest in absinthe, as well as its once illegal status, but now I want to try it for other reasons... I just can't really explain them very well. I guess I just want to meet the Green Fairy.

Please feel free to recommend your favorite brand of absinthe, as I'm definitely in the dark on what is out there.

Cheers! :cheers:

Edited by bsbiederman

welcome01.jpg

Congratulations on having the good fortune of missing out on the Crapsinth coming out of parts of Europe! Read up on the reviews here and you'll find all sorts of wonderful treats.

Hey hey!...

I'm also very happy to have stumbled across these forums.

And, because of your avatar, I have to share this...

A good friend of mine recently graduated from culinary school. His name is Brian. He... is Chef Brian... and he has that picture as his desktop background.

Not funny to anyone but me, I guess... B)

Well, at least your name isn't Brian.

Indeed... though there's one person where I work that would beg to differ. I can't bring myself to correct him, either. He gets my name right SOMETIMES.

Welcome Brad! :cheers: Of course I’m behind the times due to the fact that I don’t have a personalized greeting picture/art piece ;)

hey bsbiederman, just a friendly note of protocol around here, there is no need to quote the post directly above yours here at the ws (we know that on some boards it is encouraged). It makes some of the more crochity folks around here even more... well... crochity I guess.

most effusive greetings. :cheers:

Shai, I'm pretty sure it's spelled "crotchety"; as if crocheting somehow made one that way. Something about that spelling just left me a bit ...uneasy. :blush:

I think I am speaking for everyone in saying that we don't want to think about Absomphe's old crotch. Well, maybe not everyone.