PeterL

Absinthe Sipping Pipes

Howdy Wormywoods,

Hey has anyone used the Absinthe sipping pipes? I don't like the idea of the crushed ice, but maybe a Jade 1901 Slushie is yummy...then again maybe it degrades a fine spirit...any thoughts???

They're intesting looking.

Peter :twitchsmile:

Me thinks it would be like drinking absinthe through a straw uck no thanks. I'll have mine the old way in a glass made for the magic liquid.

I had to Google that to find out what the hell you were talking about. Now that I have seen one, I can not help but wonder why one would sip czechsinth from something like that when it taste so nasty that you pretty much have to shoot it to get it down.

post-1988-1209496389.jpg

After sitting here and looking at the thing, it really doesn't look like it holds more than a shot anyway. The first police officer that saw you with it would arrest you for drug paraphernalia cause he would think it was a crack pipe.

Ha! an Absinthe Crack Pipe...too funny. Well thanks for the info, I'll take my simple slow drip of ice water and my gorgeous swirling louche, thanks for the feedback

Edited by PeterL

why would one sip czechsinth from something like that when it taste so nasty that you pretty much have to shoot it to get it down?

A straw can work like a shot, the trick is to get the junk down the throat without having it touch the tongue.

and it looks like drug paraphanalia.

Anyone familiar with hand raising parrots, knows the trick of tube feeding the babies with a syringe that has a tube in the place of a needle. You put the rubber tube down the birds throat and just inject the food directly into their stomach.

We could market our own tube feeder that could be used to get KOSG down the throat without touching the tongue. Call it the King Of Spirits Injector. Now, you can finally finish that bottle of KOSG. Just $99.99.

But wait! There's more. Call in the next 10 minutes and we will double your order. That's two King Of Spirits Injectors for $99.00.

What a bargain!

So I presume there's no historical precedent for this silliness? Just stupid "let's lump a wonderful harmless beverage with crack" rhetoric...

The worst thing is that most people will believe the hype they build because it's already so notorious. Like people who think harmless potheads go setting cars on fire cause they go crazy with bloodlust...

So I presume there's no historical precedent for this silliness? Just stupid "let's lump a wonderful harmless beverage with crack" rhetoric...

Not that I am aware of.

I hate when the czechsinth pushers us the psychedelic / hallucinogenic / drug culture to sell their wares.

But Johnny Depp uses one so it must be legit :thumbdown:

Poor Johhny, he's the poster boy for bad Absinthe consumption...

The first police officer that saw you with it would arrest you for drug paraphernalia...

I was at a hostel in London a few years ago and Sebor delivered a case of those pipes to give away as promotional items. Guess what most of them got turned into...

I don't care what you use them for. Buy one for yourself and get another for a friend. They're good for the economy around these parts.

I own one, although not that style. I never have found a use for it. But it sure is pretty.