Sign in to follow this  
Finnish gypsy

Hello from Chicago....well Hillside anyway!

I bought my first bottle of Absinthe over the weekend (Kübler 53) and in searching for a proper way to mix up my first glass I stumbled here. What a great site you have all created by the way.

I have been curious to try Absinthe for years, being an admirier of the Impressionists and they're inspirations provided by the green muse. Now after reading a bit here and to find they were probably just a bunch of talented, broke, depressed artists....I need a drink!

What a great site you have all created by the way.
We just follow the leader. For good or ill, blame Hiram.
Now after reading a bit here and to find they were probably just a bunch of talented, broke, depressed artists....I need a drink!

You almost described all of my friends in one simple sentence. Almost. ;)

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

I have been curious to try Absinthe for years, being an admirier of the Impressionists and they're inspirations provided by the green muse. Now after reading a bit here and to find they were probably just a bunch of talented, broke, depressed artists....I need a drink!

I was under the exact same illusions my friend. They destroyed mine as well. I don't need a fountain, I have been watering absinthe with my tears ever since. Sniff...boo hoo....sniff.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

:cheers: Welcome and kaalleviilønonnibjingrnutebranken. Or something. I hope that doesn't spell anything bad. Finnish is one that always went way over my head. Beautiful though, just like Finnish girls.

What a great site you have all created by the way.
We just follow the leader. For good or ill, blame Hiram.
Content is king.

Hi to everyone..what a facinating group of actors, muscians, poets and imbibers...I end up going off into another direction with all the links, backgrounds and interests of everyone. Today was Bengal cats and some serious metal bands I've never heard of.

By the way...the Kübler was awsome! Hopefully, my loan money from China gets here soon so I can pick up a second bottle (not sure what that will be yet).

kc

...here's a couple of pictures my nephew sent me of his first taste of Absinthe/Abinsth or what it may be called in this case.

post-1985-1209504709_thumb.jpg

post-1985-1209504722_thumb.jpg

post-1985-1209504732_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Greek HG. I just find it odd that it states a "Proof" and not an abv. I could be wrong and usually am. :unsure:

Greetings! I grew up German in a Finnish enclave of New England. I miss the Nisu...

Welcome to the group! :cheers:

Puhutteko englantia?

Eh?

Hello and welcome to the forum, anyway. :cheers:

hI Dillinger,

Actually my Finn isn't what it used to be...my parents grew up with English as their second language, they were both born in the U.P. of Michigan. Cool family story...my grandmother was coming to the US to get away from a boyfriend that she didn't want to marry (so her sister married him). My grandmother had tickets for the Titanic, but from Helsinki to London, her ship had to dock along the way to miss a storm and they ended up missing the departure.