Jonathan D.

So is there still debate about the secondary effect?

:laugh: Tequila was the drink that made everone want to fight when I was in high school!

On the other hand, vodka makes me want to barf!

I do love tequila. I find a lot of people don't enjoy the flavor, but man, a really fine tequila, and a squirt of lime... delicious on a hot-ass summer day! Noting like getting toasted on tequila under the sun...

I think a really fine tequila is an awesome drink on its own in a nosing glass.

Not so strange - actually we have a similar myth cycle in Australia with Bundaberg Rum.

There is a belief amongst many that it is a ready catalyst to violence - leaving arguments aside over who typically drinks it and in what quantities it is drunk of course ;)

*cough*bogans*cough*

I don't drink bourbon and coke anymore but when I did I used to joke that it would always make me etxra rowdy. Then I just worked out that it was what I usually drank when I was out with my muso friends, who by and large are a lot more rowdy than my wine drinking friends. And any extra energy I used to get was obviously from all the sugar in the coke (which I never touch otherwise)

I can relate. Tequila makes me want to barf. ;)

On the other hand, vodka makes me want to barf!
Something has to have flavour for it to make me want to barf.

This American "barf" thing, when we were in Earls Court(yawn, yeah OK I know) we had an American friend from Ohio called Pete. Dealer Dave, who was a cockney, was in the room selling acid. Pete said to him "Does it make you want to barf?" Dealer Dave gave him a puzzled look and replied "Well yeah, if you feel like a having a baarf you can have one mate, it will probly be great with all that soapy water and bubbles and everyfin"

Much laughter ensued!

:laf:

Something has to have flavour for it to make me want to barf.

True!

Unfortunately, it is a mental thing for me. I had a 3 day hangover from vodka years ago. I can drink a bloody mary, but for some reason my stomache turns when I smell straight vodka.

:cheers: The VDF (Blanche and Verte) both give me a cranial buzz. It's possible that the right combination of herbs gives it the kick that I enjoy.