Sign in to follow this  
WhyteKnight

Questions regarding aging

Does anyone happen to know if there is any sort of historical record on how long Pernod Fils left their absinthe in those huge barrels they used? I'm also wondering how that compares to modern aging techniques. I know it was mentioned that Jade was kept in bulk containers and handled solara style, but is anything known on what the other manufacturers do as far as time in bulk and time in bottle before shipping?

I thought I remember Oxy mentioning a time frame of from one to as long as three to five years, in the extreme, for Pernod.

I'm aware that the distiller's proofs aren't aged sufficiently, if at all, before they're sold, but it was mentioned that the NO was aged in bulk storage wherein batches of different ages are combined, sort of like a solara. Whether it is true or not, I don't know. I'm just curious as to whether or not as much time is put into product today as it was before the ban.

Oh, it's true.

Only, with costs in consideration and the limited time that ie the Jade N-O have been out on the market it is quite obvious why it hasn't been aged for several years.

Besides, Jade isn't aged in oak barrels, like Pernod Fils, so who really gives a rat's arse. Aftter 3-5 months, it's in as optimal a state for drinking as it's going to be.

Unless you plan on "bottle aging it for many decades, waiting for the chlorophyll to tune in, turn on, and mostly drop out, for that "Rolls Royce" effect*

* It's an Artemis thing. :dribble: