How the hell did you manage to pour little sample bottles of the stuff and smell it without louching and drinking a glass of it? You are an oak. I know I would have had the fountain on the dashboard of the car louching a glass going down the road on that hour and a half trip. Everytime someone passed, I would have to point to it and say, "Ain't that fine?"

I will repeat myself numerous times on this subject... You are awesome!

Yes, yes I am.

I have the boxing all done, but unfortunately the Brown Monkey store closed early today for some reason. I will have to send them out tomorrow after work. I apologize for the delay. I am fail.

I am not quite an oak as you say, quite closer to a Quaking Aspen. I will louche up a glass before I leave for the Midnight Juggernauts show tonight.

My plans changed, so I am staying in tonight and drinking Sirene. What a shame. I will post a review after my first glass.

Posted!

All I can say is OMG.

I cannot wait for some one with a more well traveled tongue to taste this treasure.

Now you have me excited.

Well, that line forms on the right dear.

Why do I have to work in the morning? I wish to have far more than two glasses!

All I can say is OMG.

I wasn't too excited until I read your review! Now, I can't wait to try it.

Took a sniff on my lunch break...smells good! Looking forward to tasting....

Bottle is bigger than I thought it would be, and is actually very attractive, pictures don't do it justice.

A carnival of follies. The UPS store was closed on Sunday, so I went there today. He measures the box and quotes me a shipping price about twice of what I was expecting to pay for just the basic service.

Ugh.

I guess I will go with the purple monkey people after all. Damn them.

I apologize for the delay.

Edit- Purple is just as bad. Does anyone disagree with u s p s priority? I have personally never had any problems and the price they charge for 2 day is half the price of the competitions 4 day service.

All in good time. If the Gods choose to toy with us what can we do? But seriously your review has me salivating, I can't wait to try it! :cheers:

Like everything else, I'm a day late and a dollar short. Well.........just late in this case. I'm anxious to read a couple more reviews.

Sounds delightful.

:cheers:

It's up.

That's a promising review; I'm looking forward to my sample.

A couple notes on your review, though. It's a very well written review, and I'm not picking on you; I've been meaning to add these topics to the (already too long) Review Guide.

With a slow drip, each drop yields huge amounts of trails.

A lot of people talk about these trails, sometimes referring to them as "oil trails" or something similar. They certainly are mesmerizing and fun to watch, adding to the aesthetic of the experience, and make for great photos, but these really have nothing to do with the quality of a particular absinthe and are not oils. It's merely the result of mingling two fluids with a different refractory index, i.e. due to different densities, light passes through the water and the absinthe differently. You can get the same effect with water and simple syrup.

I poured with no sugar, and I can definitely say it is NOT needed with this absinthe, there is plenty of natural sweetness to the flavor.

I'll bet dollars to donuts I won't be able to gag it down without sugar, unless it's been pre-sweetened and I don't believe it has. No absinthe needs sugar, but the sugar isn't for the absinthe, it's for the drinker. Sweet/bitter perception is a genetic trait and different people actually experience the taste very differently. We're not simply responding to the same taste differently, we are actually tasting different things.

It's just like coffee, some take sugar, some don't.

A lot of people talk about these trails, sometimes referring to them as "oil trails" or something similar. They certainly are mesmerizing and fun to watch, adding to the aesthetic of the experience, and make for great photos, but these really have nothing to do with the quality of a particular absinthe and are not oils. It's merely the result of mingling two fluids with a different refractory index, i.e. due to different densities, light passes through the water and the absinthe differently. You can get the same effect with water and simple syrup.

Thanks for the note, I wonder though why some absinthes seem to produce more of these during mixture than others? What would that indicate?

I'll bet dollars to donuts I won't be able to gag it down without sugar, unless it's been pre-sweetened and I don't believe it has. No absinthe needs sugar, but the sugar isn't for the absinthe, it's for the drinker. Sweet/bitter perception is a genetic trait and different people actually experience the taste very differently. We're not simply responding to the same taste differently, we are actually tasting different things.

It's just like coffee, some take sugar, some don't.

I hear ya, and I didn't realize that maybe this topic had been somewhat heavily debated in the past, elsewise I would have just said it was my preference have it, as they say in philly, 'witout'

The difference in amount of trails is probably due to differences in how cold your water is and how warm your absinthe is. Unless you louche at exactly the same speed and prepare your ice water exactly the same way every time there will be some small but noticeable differences in temperature. And if the temperature changes at all in your home then the temperature of the absinthe will be slightly different at different times.