I'm excited as I have a few different samples heading my way all at the same time. It will be interesting to see what get here first...

pt447, I just noticed your quote. Very true, but also gross.

Thanks Retro. I came upon the realization that life if moist and stinky while watching my 9 week old puppy. Such a little bundle of life, and so moist, yet stinky at times. And I've come to the conclusion that one of the qualifications of life is that it is both moist, and stinky.

Sorry, I spend way too much time philosophizing. And now with this wondrous absinthe beverage, I find my mind wanders to strange and interesting places!

Got my Sirène today. Not at all bad. Unique, but far more trad than St. George, beautiful louche. It think most will be pretty happy with it.

So how sweet did it taste to you Hiram? Not trying to reignite (NPI) a 'sugar fight', just curious!

Unfortunately the blue monkeys idea of two day shipping is- "Two Day* Shipping"

*Delivery will take more than two days.

So true. I'm pretty close to you, hopefully mine will be home when I get there. I can add it to the pile of stuff I have to sample but haven't had the time. I'm actually pretty excited about this release.

So funny, I just got home and figured it was just my luck that it didn't get here yet... Luscious Oily Lesbians!, glad (yet sad) that I'm not alone in my suffering!

Word filter. It's there to discourage AOL users from saying LOL all the time here. ;) See what happens when you type LMAO.

Got my Sirène today.

So how sweet did it taste to you Hiram?

Not. Definitely not. I used two cubes.

Part of what you're percieving as sweet comes from the anise, but there also seems to be some sort of mint thing, which also sweetens for some palates.

What a beautiful Maine Coon Cat! Mine died 6 months ago... sad now.

Also great shots of your drink, and I like your gear too. I often use a small pitcher too, although mine is pewter.

It stays that green after the louche? Interesting...

That looks to be about 1:1 or 1:1.5, so once you get it diluted to 1:3 to 1:4, it probably won't have that much color.

The scale is probably not so easy to tell, but that's about 4:1 or 5:1, yes it does stay that green. Very thick louche, and that was a pretty fast pour. You should see the slow drip!

For reference, that little pitcher holds 9 oz. when filled to the very top.

Many Matter absinthes stay very green when you louche them 4 or 5 to 1. It's not impossible.

I'm very excited now. Beautifull color, especially louched. Also, great little pitcher in the photo; I want something just like that!!!

Perhaps not any sort of measure of quality but maybe of consistency or something.
Exactly. Different density. Different temps, different ABV, all could have an effect on the effect.
Sounds like its time for Shabba to do another experiment!

Science!

Going back to previous less monkey related topics:

I have a refractometer in my lab. I'll be perfectly happy to measure the refractive indeces of as many absinthes as you people send me. I can do the water, too, but... that's less fun.

anything for some free green! :twitchsmile:

Oh, and on the subject of word replacing. Does Trip Ballz appear when you type something, or is that just forumspeak?

What a beautiful Maine Coon Cat! Mine died 6 months ago... sad now.

Actually I think he's some kind of rag doll, just on the large side. He's only 15 lbs though, he gets smacked around by his 22 lb brother!

Sirene arrived today. It's very nice, but it's less traditional than what you'd order from LdF, but more so than the St George. Hopefully everyone else will get theirs soon.

:cheers:

Huzzah! I can't wait for my bombs to start landing.

As a side note, it just occurred to me how little of a commotion there was about the launch of Sirene, at least in comparison to St. George. Didn't the release day of St. George have huge lines and stock shortages? What was different in the equation? Location? Media Coverage?