Sign in to follow this  
hectma

Melty Glass

Just found this.

I personally think it looks like it started to collapse on itself before the glass fully cooled...but that's just me. Interesting none the less.

Although I personally like the glass, I'd bet someone else has it first hand. There may items of interest in his store, but I guarantee there are better places, and people to buy it from.

Beware!

nice, kinda warped, funky, yet graceful

You were made for each other.

Onacuz opposites attract, mon ami. :cheers:

Except for the 'warped' descriptor, that is.

And possibly the funky one, as well, although I've recently discovered this new fangled thing called soap... :biggrin:

I know, but I was referring to an avatar he had here once that was a scan of the old Absinthe Anti-Juive label with his face photochopped onto it. Pretty hard to read that any other way.

This may be a little premature, but I have just made friends with a glass blower here in KY. I am trying to get him to work on some absinthe glasses. He said that he has received a few other requests so, I am hoping that sometime this year, maybe he will make some. One good thing is that he and I are both going to be looking after a friend's art gallery/ studio. I will have plenty of time to harrass him into making them.

I will make sure to upload a picture when he gets around to completing something...

he and I are both going to be looking after a friend's art gallery/ studio. I will have plenty of time to harrass him
Say no more.

Darn. I was really thinking something more, well, you know, a little more, uh, persuasive. But alcohol's a good start. Works for me, at least. Good luck on your, uh, project, in any case.

Jenkittycat, you should bribe him by telling him that a few people on the forum may really want a unique, hand blown glass! I sure would love a one of a kind, or one of a short batch sort of glass. Think it'd be cool if he makes a certain quantity only for the forum members to buy!

I will mention that to him whenever I see him next. He sounded pretty excited about the idea. I think that just him making them is way cool. It may be a week or two before he gets back to this part of the state.

Like I said, I'll work on it. That would be great since he will be living/working at the loft gallery that is one of my only saviors here in dry county, KY. Anything to help the gallery and its being around for the next 20+ years is great in my book. Thanx for the support and excitement. Updates will follow whenever I see Chris (the glassblower.)

Edited by Jenkittycat