Butch Onufrak

St George @ DrinkUp

FYI

Dear DrinkUpNY Customer,

Our first allocation of St. George Absinthe Verte sold out in just one day. Now we've been able to secure a large quantity of this extremely limited production spirit, and starting on April 14th, we'll begin shipping again. All bottles will be sent on a first come, first served basis, so secure your bottle by pre-ordering now!

St. George Verte is the product of years of experimentation by an innovative producer. This beautifully complex spirit, while displaying anise and wormwood at the forefront, rewards with layer upon layer of vibrant and sometimes unexpected botanicals. The addition of water reveals even more depth. Savor St. George Verte straight, diluted with spring water, or in any classic absinthe cocktail.

Cheers,

The DrinkUpNY Customer Care Team

"The addition of water reveals even more depth."

And the withholding of water reveals even less class...

I placed my pre-order with drinkupny last week. I'm looking forward to trying it. I have a bottle of their 1st release, but I do not intend to open it.

I finally got an order in. Not that I'm expecting much of a thrill from St. George, but it certainly has been a challenge to actually get any of it ordered! Perhaps the spoils of a successful hunt will add an extra point or two of delicious to this dubious bottle... :g:

I have a bottle of their 1st release, but I do not intend to open it.

Ditto.

I liken it to a first edition comic book or, perhaps more appropriately, a rookie baseball card.

My local Beverages & More here in OC, CA has about 10 bottles on hand for $77. If anyone is really desperate to try it I'd be willing to pick you up a bottle and ship it.

So far I've gotten Lucid for $65, Kübler for $45, and now St. George is pushing $75 and I've yet to see a stellar review so far? As much as I'd love to sample all the absinthes as they become available in the states, I think I'd much rather spend my $75 on Absinthe Classics!

My first purchase from them will be of Brevans and Duplais. Nice 2-fer for under $100! Unless I wait until I get my "economic stimulus package" check from Uncle Scam and get those two, Roquette, and Clandestine! We'll see about that though...

Though my St George shipped today (and a bottle of Chartreuse, GOTTA get free shipping, right?), my stupid tax.....uhmmm, stimulus check I mean, will force my money to strengthen the Euro by way of PF1901 and Roquette!

Too bad it tastes like pickled swimming pool water.

:laugh:

I wouldn't go quite that far.

However, my money could have been more useful elsewhere!

Well, I finally got my bottle of St. George. It sure doesn't taste like any of the other absinthes I've had. It louched up all thick (star anise, anyone?) -- the mouth feel was nice and creamy, but that's the best I can say about it. I tried it with sugar and without, and I truly couldn't finish more than a few sips of my glass. However my dad, 84 years old and a recent absinthe discoverer, really liked it a lot. I still think it might be good as a splash in some gin, or to cook with -- lightly spritzed on leg of lamb before roasting, or something. Ah well.

I'm an absinthe newb still but I do like the St. George, seems to have more complex flavor than Lucid or Kübler, but then again each time I try one of these brands again I seem to find a little something different about them.

Hyper, I'd happily buy some or all of what you have left. I enjoy the SG. It's great with pasta and/or pizza for obvious reasons. Plus, I'm curious to try the second or third batch, since I hear there were some changes.

Right now, I'd just like to try the new batch first, before I buy the whole bottle, since I still have 2 bottles of the first run. If it's significantly different, then I'll buy another. If not, I'll wait until my supplies dwindle a bit more.

Thanks for the offer though!