Brooks

Yankee Kübler vs. Heidi Kübler

Just FYI. Tried it with Ketel One. Even after the second sip, just not for me.
And it may not be for me either, Speedle, but I'm still curious to try it.

My avatar says: "I am warm and trustworthy, like Walter Cronkite."

Peri's avatar says: "I am Linda Blair in The Exorcist."

Your avatar looks shifty. Mine is brutally honest.

:)

Um, um, ... um...

Fuckin' dispense with the vodka and use good tasting water.

And waste the water that should be used to louche your absinthe? Something's very wrong with that.

(My avatar says I'm as homespun as an Edward Hopper painting.)

There are worlds hidden beneath the surface of a Hopper. I wouldn't describe you, or Hopper, as homespun. :no2:

Fear will keep the local avatars in line.

It will, and it does. post-143-1208097958.gif

You're very welcome, Jen. :cheers:

Brooks sez you're allowed to like vodka.

Thank you for the moral support, Brooks. I would like to think that I am a pure soul, but I'm not sure whom I trust. My avatar is me, albiet a little up close. I am gathering that peridot's is also, even though it is a little scary.

I'll take Cronkite 'cuz he seems nice and the devil for a little brutal honesty. Yes, Cronkite is a little more warm and fuzzy, don't ya think?

Edited by Jenkittycat

I would like to think that I am a pure soul, but I'm not sure whom I trust.
You can trust that both of us wanted to help.

The difference is that Peridot really knows about liquor, and I don't. Sometimes Peri's help comes in the form of a brickbat to the skull, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Speedle took a hit for the team by trying a drink I recommended to you but hadn't tried myself. I trust Speedle's thumbs-down review, so..........skip that drink!

:cheers:

Thanks again for the help. I like good (sometimes obnoxious) banter on forums. I thankfully do understand that sometimes what may sound harsh, is really in good humor.

I will still have to try the drink, when I finally have all of the ingredients in the house. I trust that it may not have been good, but for some reason I always have to try it for myself...

I seem to remember something about death metal from when I was a young art school girl. I do try to forget most of it with alcoholic amnesia. (Sorry peridot.) Perry Como and death metal would definitely be something to be seen. :tongue:

I trust that it may not have been good, but for some reason I always have to try it for myself...

That's an admirable attitude, as long as you learn from your mistakes. Sometimes the mistake is not trusting the source enough. But we all have our own lessons to learn and to face them with a brave face is worthy of respect. (And I don't know if your face is brave, but it sure is sweet.)

This banter has gotten sooooooo waaaaayyy off topic. It's really bad, and now it's going to get moved to that "file!" I will try to think of something on the topic next time I post. :cheers:

Perry Como? Wonderful! He did some really great songs. Especially holiday songs. I think Peridot has a new mission. Death metal versions of Perry Como Holiday Songs! Yeah! You remember some of these I know:

I'll be Home For Christmas

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Toyland

Silver Bells

White Christmas

Frosty the Snowman

and on and on

He also did songs for people who drink martinis (the ones with gin in them ;)

Magic Momments (ahh, what a crooner!)

Hot Diggity (Dog Ziggity Zoom)

Some Enchanted Evening

And he had a sense of humor too with Delaware.

Need I go on?

And yes! If your order now, (operators are standing by) we'll include at no extra charge a whole album of songs by Bill Eckstine, Al Martino, Pat Boone, Rex Allen and many more you've never heard of!!!!!

And as a super duper extra special bonus, for only $9.99 more, you'll get Peridot's The Best of Death Metal Perry Como.

Order today!

Looks like it ran from around 1953 to 1962 based on 'net searches.

I tend not to remember much early TV. Lawrence Welk, Ed Sullivan, Bonanza. I'm sure there were other things that were obligatory family viewing, but I don't remember them. Whenever I had the chance I went to my room and read books.

Wowsers, Brooks! You're getting pretty handy with that computer!
Thanks, T. One has to be cunning when doing battle with the Prince of Darkness.

I have nothing. You have squarely defeated me.
I doubt that, but it's kind of you to say so, Prince. I promise not to mention that watery-spirit-that-isn't-gin anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Ha! I give it an hour, tops.
Exactly, Speedle.

Dakini, the other day I was trying to remember how many channels people watched in the days before cable. In the '50s and '60s, it couldn't have been more than four or six channels at the most.