Gwydion Stone

PLEASE READ: Board Upgrade & Remodel

The more observant among you may notice that—starting moments ago—the forum suddenly looks very different. I decided that the new skin was close enough to completion to give it a test-drive, and I also figured you had all put up with that blue monstrosity for long enough.

In the very lower left-hand corner of the window, there's a control that will allow you to switch back to the blue monstrosity, should you find that any as yet un-addressed quirks with the new skin are too annoying.

In the coming weeks, the main site will be upgraded to the same new skin.

Cheers!

~ G

Not a moment too soon, in my estimation. Thanks.

Looks good, although I miss the old shade of green which I found very soothing.

I'll probably be lightening up the green background. Because of the way the skin works on the main site, greening the cream color would be a major hassle. However, I plan to leave the skin choice option available, and will be changing that one to a more appropriate palette eventually.

Fab! Reminds me of old parchment. And the rounded borders are beautiful.

Me likey big-time. :thumbup:

I like the looks of it. :thumbup:

However, when I leave the main page to go to the forum, the top line is cut in half. I can see the tops of the letters only.

Logged in as: OMG_Bill ( Log Out ) My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends · 0 New Messages

Maybe I just need to reboot or something. *shrugs*

I was shocked to open the page and find the new look!

I get the same thing at the top of the page, OMG and Sandy.

The rounded edges are nice and the darker background makes it easier to read.

I would label my reaction as pleasantly surprised. I'm really liking the deep greens and subtly vibrant header. Good work, Sir. :thumbup:

I spent the day "gardening,"came inside and the world is nice and green. Just as it ought to be.

It looks great from my point of view.

Looks great, Hiram. The colours are perfect. Only glitch I've found is that one of the bars at the bottom of posts and forums sticks outside the shadowed border.

What's the little blue ? just to the left of the date and time on each post?
I'm not seeing it. If it persists after refreshing and restarting your browser, a screen shot will help.
Only glitch I've found is that one of the bars at the bottom of posts and forums sticks outside the shadowed border.
There are a few of those and they're one of the things that have been holding up the show. I'm still trying to figure a way around it. Not a CSS genius, me.
I wonder why I couldn't log in from my dad's this weekend?
That sounds like a cookie issue; the skin shouldn't effect that.

There have been a few others that have had problems with the IP thing, some have resolved, some haven't. There's a security setting (which is switched off) that matches IP addresses so that you can only be logged on from one computer at a time. For some reason, login sessions seem to be lasting longer for some folks.

Hiram, after a quick play with Firebug, it looks like you just need to add some margins, like this:

.formsubtitle

{

margin:10px;

}

.activeusers

{

margin:10px;

}

Firebug's 'Inspect' tool is a quick and easy way of tracking down these problems. Highly recommended.

It seems to be adding a specific style to that area already, maybe there's a section of the php you can modfy.

< div class="formsubtitle" style="padding: 4px;">

Okay, I'll quit Firebugging you now.

Found one more that could be pulled in a bit. The table in #gfooter. It has the time and the theme dropdown in it.

My semi-OCDs (that all writers and programmers have) are feeling better already. :)

No worries. Except now I just had a look at the Members section. A few more over there, but it looks like the same problem, so it shouldn't affect your sleep too much.

EDIT: Whoops, and the Calendar.