Sign in to follow this  
Jenkittycat

Hi, I've contributed a little, but I'm new to this absinthe thing.

Hello. I have recently purchased some Lucid from drinkupny.com, which is on the list of "approved" retailers on this site. It was a wonderful experience, since I was under the assumption that one could not purchase liquor online and have it delivered to their home in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. I bought a few other things that I read about on this site and am pleasantly surprised.

I had only heard from people who have lived in KY most of their lives that the whole mailing of packaged liquors was taboo. I am from Ohio and have never lived in a dry county so, I had no idea what to expect. I love receiving liquor at my doorstep and not having to drive 45- 75 miles to the nearest liquor providing store. This is just the coolest thing in the entire world. (At least at this moment!)

Point being for this entry is just to say hello and thank you for being here. I would never have even known that absinthe was legal state side or where to get it , let alone anything more about it than it was green and that famous artists used to drink it!

I am originally from Northern Ohio- I lived in Toledo last and spent about 10 years in the Cleveland area. Toledo is quite bland, if you've been there, you know. I am now in Somerset, KY. It's really not that much different than Toledo, just smaller. One would think that I would want to pull my hair out for lack of anything to do, but I'm actually quite happy here.

I paint and now have a large enough house to have a studio and I have 4 furry, four- legged children to chase after. Due to my husband's new job, we are able to afford more which I find helps solve some, if not most of the boredom problem.

Howdy Podner! :cheers:

I once read somewhere that some of the places in Toledo that Klinger mentioned in M*A*S*H were real. Any truth to that?

Howdy Podner! :cheers:

I once read somewhere that some of the places in Toledo that Klinger mentioned in M*A*S*H were real. Any truth to that?

Yes, this is a fact. Unfortunately, the only one that I can think of is Tony Paco's. Oh, and his favorite minor league team, the Mud Hens. I find that Tony Paco's had really heavy food- too heavy and the Mud Hens games were really just a beer fest!

Maybe back in the 50's things were cooler... :twitchsmile:

Welcome friend...Drink up and try to type. Thats why almost all my post have an "Edited by Hardtime" message. :3872-DrunkBanana:

Edited by Hardtime

Welcome friend...Drink up and try to type. Thats why almost all my post have an "Edited by Hardtime" message. :3872-DrunkBanana:

Earlier today, I was surprised that I was able to type and spell. I had just tried my first glass of absinthe, actually 2. I did the whole ritual as best as I could without that wonderous fountain to make a perfect drip. I should also say that I am currently taking some anti- anxiety/ depression meds that just made it sooooo much stronger! After a few hours, I just had to sleep. I think that it seemed similar to my experiences as a teenager with cannabis. Not the complete loopiness of the high, but the after effects from coming down.

I may have to use that edit button eventually.

Welcome!!!

There are many states that prohibit mailorder alcohol, the thing is, they don't know what is in the box!

I hear ya! I think that is the only way I received mine. My dad and I were talking about the mailorder thing. He thinks that he is all big and bad, 'cuz he'z breakin' the law! (He didn't come right out and say that, but he definitely mentioned that he thought it was illegal. Needless to say, I was amused.)

I paint and now have a large enough house to have a studio ...

Hello and welcome! :cheers:

Our very own Dakini paints as well. You can see some of her stuff here.

Wonderful! Glad to have you visit our little forum. Glad you are enjoying our favorite green beverage.

:cheers:

Thomas sent a reply containing a link to your paintings. I am trying to rediscover watercolor, since I am more of an oil painting kinda girl. I have also been using colored pencils, watercolor pencils and whatever else is floating around along with the paint itself. I liked what I saw, your art is visually intriguing and interesting. I should eventually put up some of my stuff. ;)

Edited by Jenkittycat